Problem with back brake light

Tony5496

Reaction score
Good morning all just wondered if someone could help me I've got a problem with my back brake lights on driver-side 1.8 T The problem is an intermittent one it works okay then on the dashboard it comes up with The bulb is out so I check it and its correct is out and then I go along the road The dashboard light goes off displaying the buld and the brake light is back on ?? and is working again very strange any help would be appreciated many thanks

Had the same thing on my Avant recently. Check for moisture in the bulb holder wiring connector.

Having same with mine same side as n when it feels like it, all 3 intermittently fall over separately and all together!!

Take the bulbs out and clean contacts and bulbs with a fine scotchbrite or something, just intermittent connections

IMAG1632Just took light off found this on closer inspection! Anyone no part number rear left b7 estate??

That sounds to me light your brake light switch needs replacing, VCDS should confirm this. Mine has just started playing up and the other night there was a bright red glow outside my house, it was my car with it's brake lights stuck on! Not good for the battery!