Led reverse lights

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
Hi all,
As title says really, anyone using led's in their reverse lights? If so what do you think to them and what ones are you using, my reverse camera doesn't have it's own light only the small led it uses as the number plate light, was wondering if i used led's would this give a bit more light.

Planning to get some ultra bright cree led's for my b7 as the stock ones are not exactly bright. Need to test to see if resistors will be needed.

Luckily i don't need to worry about resistors, i use tower leds as my side lights but have looked at the cree's, just need to find some reliable ones.

It's either a case of buying bulbs which are APPARENTLY canbus or fitting resistors, would personally get rid of all LED's if I started over as they either have part/all of the bulb flicker and die, shine the wrong colour, require resistors; then when resistors are on it's a case figuring whether it's the bulb or resistor if they start flickering. I've also bought a load that were the wrong size in width yet the exact same bulb type as ones already fitted which is ridiculously frustrating.

Hope your experience goes better than mine though.

Never had any problems with any of my led's and i have them fitted in my side lights, all interior lights, puddle and footwell lights but then i have also never bought cheap ebay( or alike ), i usually use " ultra leds" theres are not cheap but do work.

I use cree leds in my reverse lights.
Awesome,as there very bright,so you can see behind you in the dark

Nice one! Any links to the ones you have?

Just ordered some from T8UPS, past experience his leds are spot on and i do like to support forum sponsors.

Got these from T8UPS and fitted them today, very bright compared to original ones.
Comparison pic:

Last edited:
Reactions: Silentstu
looks good! Did you get any errors? My B7 seems to have especially sensitive wiring and even some LED's from T8UPS caused a bulb out fault

The picture doesn't do them justice, very bright and a nice crisp white light, as for bulb errors mine is too old for that!! Am going to look into doing the indicator bulbs next.