Build week still to be confirmed...

I ordered my A3 S Line yesterday. I've no date yet but I've been warned it could be up to 4 months (mid November).

I ordered my A3 S Line yesterday. I've no date yet but I've been warned it could be up to 4 months (mid November).

Hmm.. I ordered my A3 SB S-line 1.4TFsI CoD early July, and have been given an estimated DELIVERY date of 24/10/14, I was at first hoping it would be done sooner, but now I read more I'm thinking it will probably be longer? ;(

Hmm.. I ordered my A3 SB S-line 1.4TFsI CoD early July, and have been given an estimated DELIVERY date of 24/10/14, I was at first hoping it would be done sooner, but now I read more I'm thinking it will probably be longer? ;(

Ordered mine 4 May, I still don't have a confirmed build week. I sent the sales woman a text first thing this morning and have had no reply. I'm resigned to a 2015 delivery...

Ordered mine 4 May, I still don't have a confirmed build week. I sent the sales woman a text first thing this morning and have had no reply. I'm resigned to a 2015 delivery...

Ask to speak with the sales manager, and see what he/she has to say and go from there.

It took 5 months of waiting for us before getting a confirmed build week (BW 29), and today, got an email from him confirming the car was built on Saturday 19th of July, now only 3 months to wait for delivery.

Literally in the last few minutes I've been given a build week of 39. Have been told to expect delivery in October.

A3 Sportback 2.0 Diesel S Line with privacy glass & comfort pack + hold assist.

😄
Ask to speak with the sales manager, and see what he/she has to say and go from there.

It took 5 months of waiting for us before getting a confirmed build week (BW 29), and today, got an email from him confirming the car was built on Saturday 19th of July, now only 3 months to wait for delivery.

In reply to both Longy and Donnydriver:

My order is for a leased A3 and is being done through a third party who I have used before and is brilliant. He is constantly pressurising the dealer but it's fruitless as I know what the problem is. I contacted Audi Customer Services who confirmed that Audi cannot process the order as the dealership has exceeded its order quota. The third party has called several other dealers to see if

A) they can place an order now with a confirmed BW straight away, or
B) have any orders which are still to be built and are not for customers so that the spec can be changed.

This has proved fruitless. The last communication from the dealer is that they expect an October delivery but I just cannot see this happening. It's got to the stage where I think I am better to wait and hope that the order is processed soon as this seems more likely to see the car with me the quickest.

I am beyond the annoyed stage now. It shouldn't be like this but it will arrive one day!

Hello everyone, my first post on this forum!!
Ordered my A3 Sportback S Line 1.4 COD S Tronic in Scuba Blue with Comfort Pack & Interior light package on 11/07/2014
Been given a BW 36 with a delivery date of mid October.!!
After reading previous posts on the subject don't know if this is true or not!!! Maybe because I don't have many options it could be....hope so

Ordered my A3 Sportback S Line 1.4 COD S Tronic in Scuba Blue with Comfort Pack & Interior light package on 11/07/2014
After reading previous posts on the subject don't know if this is true or not!!! Maybe because I don't have many options it could be....hope so

I have similar spec 3 door on order since early June (S-Line, COD, S-tronic, Scuba, rear armrest, interior lights which I have on my current 122ps one and which aren't really worth it but Ive gone for LED lights and included them for the sake of completeness).
BW was originally 36 but has now come forward to 35 (week beginning 25th August). I guess yours might come forward too.

BW36 is 1 September. Mine will have taken 8 weeks from build to delivery so if yours does the same that will be 20 October. Amazingly from production day to delivery to dealer my car will have taken just 14 days. And the time actually doesn't drag as you may think it will!

Congratulations on the choice - I am so looking forward to having my main car as a petrol model again!

Reactions: Reggieboy71
Hi glospete

I hope the wait goes quickly, as it's torture seeing pictures of other lucky Sportback owners on here. Glad I found this forumto keep slightly sane!! LOL

You should at least have some idea by now. I sent my signed confirmation off on Thursday, dealer got it on Friday and they e-mailed me to say that at least provisionally it's looking like week 38, delivery possibly October but maybe November.

You should at least have some idea by now. I sent my signed confirmation off on Thursday, dealer got it on Friday and they e-mailed me to say that at least provisionally it's looking like week 38, delivery possibly October but maybe November.

I have finally been given a BW of 41 with an expected delivery date of w/c 3 November. I haven't seen a BW as late as this being mentioned on any other threads, so for those still waiting it might be worth contacting your dealers for an update.

I have finally been given a BW of 41 with an expected delivery date of w/c 3 November. I haven't seen a BW as late as this being mentioned on any other threads, so for those still waiting it might be worth contacting your dealers for an update.

I've got same build week and ordered beginning of April.

Colour is the delay in my case though....

Pink-Q7-Southampton-Large.jpg

Reactions: Pulp84
I've got same build week and ordered beginning of April.

Colour is the delay in my case though....

I don't doubt you but I'm confused by that being the cause of the delay. If all cars are built to order, why does colour choice have an impact? Or have they run out of paint?! Unless you've gone for an Audi Exclusive colour...

Please post pictures when you get it!

I've gone for a 1.4 TFSI S-Line saloon in Misano red. Although I saw a Sportback in Shiraz Red today which looked lovely in the sun and am now doubting my choice...

I've seen the A3 saloon in Misano Red and it looks very nice. So nice that I changed my order from Brilliant to Misano.

Reactions: Pulp84
I don't doubt you but I'm confused by that being the cause of the delay. If all cars are built to order, why does colour choice have an impact? Or have they run out of paint?! Unless you've gone for an Audi Exclusive colour...

Please post pictures when you get it!

I've gone for a 1.4 TFSI S-Line saloon in Misano red. Although I saw a Sportback in Shiraz Red today which looked lovely in the sun and am now doubting my choice...

Yep I have and I'll be sure to post plenty of pics. The wait is really killing me but love the colour and it's certainly going to be different !

I've seen the A3 saloon in Misano Red and it looks very nice. So nice that I changed my order from Brilliant to Misano.

That's reassuring! The thing is, I like to have something different from the norm and am yet to see a saloon in Shiraz which also makes me question my decision. Saying that, I haven't seen that many saloons on the road, apart from a couple of S3s in Amalfi White and Daytona Grey. Obviously too early for many Sepangs to hit the road!!

It depends on what runs they do on the production line and when they are able to do the custom colours most efficiently and to cut costs.

It depends on what runs they do on the production line and when they are able to do the custom colours most efficiently and to cut costs.

Spot on, they do the exclusive / custom colours in batches and from what I've researched they get sprayed on separate lines and try to get as many "similar" colours at the same time as possible.

Yep I have and I'll be sure to post plenty of pics. The wait is really killing me but love the colour and it's certainly going to be different !

Awesome! I would've done the same but the I couldn't justify the cost!

That's reassuring! The thing is, I like to have something different from the norm and am yet to see a saloon in Shiraz which also makes me question my decision. Saying that, I haven't seen that many saloons on the road, apart from a couple of S3s in Amalfi White and Daytona Grey. Obviously too early for many Sepangs to hit the road!!

Yeah, being a Saloon it'll stand out anyway.

It would be slightly easier if you saw both cars in the flesh (metal) but not always possible I suppose.

Yer it ain't cheap but it's a awesome colour in my opinion and I do like something different.

First S3 8L was Imola Yellow and my 8P now is Sprint blue. Didn't fancy any of the standard or "S" colours this time.

Sprint blue is a cracking colour. After adding options my car came out at £29.5k. It's such a shame that an exclusive colour costs so much. The price you pay for exclusivity I guess but £1k would, IMO, be a fairer charge.

Reactions: The Challinor
Sprint blue is a cracking colour. After adding options my car came out at £29.5k. It's such a shame that an exclusive colour costs so much. The price you pay for exclusivity I guess but £1k would, IMO, be a fairer charge.

Cheers mate, yes I like Sprint Blue a lot but alas time for a change !