ENGINE LIGHT

leeds lad

Reaction score
hi last night i was driving my a3 2.0 tfsi home suddenly engine lght come on i stop i check it but every thing ok but cdrive i need advice if i carry driving it today or wait till tomorow then take to garage to check it light come on at 3000 rev felt like car was chucking any advice

20140706 094441

I'd say avoid driving it in case you damage something more

Needs to be plugged in and codes read by VCDS

I'd say avoid driving it in case you damage something more

Needs to be plugged in and codes read by VCDS

Second this. Or even a cheap bluetooth OBD adapter + Torque. A few times I have had the engine light and the fault code told me the sensor which just got some dirt in it. Quick reseat and job's a good un.

Wouldn't keep driving it tho. Could be anything.

Reactions: Sayam
id say coilpack

No mate i am waiting to get vag to check it if not i wait till morring to take car to german auto in pudsey to check it

That's the emission control system warning lamp according to my manual.

If the indicator lamp lights up or flashes, a malfunction has occurred which can reduce the quality of the exhaust gas and damage the catalytic converter.
Drive slowly to a qualified workshop without delay and have the fault rectified

As other have said its best to have scanned to see what fault codes are shown.

Hi to all thanks for all reply today i took the car to the garage for diognost still waiting verdict but this morining engine light despered from dash very strange garage is checking all over because i need car for holiday i am going to spain via france
also i am changing diverter valve and engine breathear

As pluves1 says... that particular warning light relates to the emission control system - I had the same thing happen with my 2.0 Tdi last week. Having connected-up a code reader I discovered that the throttle actuator module had failed/jammed (thankfully in the open position).

There could be several reasons for the light illuminating, but I'd say it would certainly be related to the ECS.

hi all my car now is fixed and drive like dream i pick it my car from garage replaced this part 20140713 175259 this list