needle sensor on the cyl3 injector wiring location?

mrnice.

Reaction score
Hi,

Could anyone please tell me where and how to check the wiring/plug on the needle sensor faulty on the cyl3 injector?

Do I have to take the rocker cover off?

Presumably it comes out of the engine somewhere?

PS out of interest which cylinder is #3? I'm thinking a middle one but not sure if its offside or nearside?

Thanks.

It's the cylinder closest to the bulkhead on the O/S. The wire comes out from just under the cam cover on the inner edge of the head (i.e. in the V). You can test it from the plug end and if that fails, cam cover off.

As you look to the engine, on the left side, from front to back there are #1-2-3 and on the right side, from front to back, it's #4-5-6.
Check the image attached for verifying the sensor.

Attachments

• glowplug2.jpg
    glowplug2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 435
Thanks fellas, I just checked and the plug was not on securely, I have cleaned up the terminals, sprayed a little WD40 and reconnected properly.

Just took her out for a long test drive and tried to simulate what was happening (labouring as if not changing down in time) and the very first time I tried it was still there (possibly worse?) but after about an hours drive and numerous attempts to do it again she seems to be cured, fingers crossed.

Ive got the bonnet open at the moment and am waiting for the engine to cool down so I can try from a cold start.

Went out in her last night night when the engine was cold and she stalled and laboured, gutted.

You may have other issues as mine ran mostly fine with the needle lift error. Tried unplugging the MAF? When was the fuel filter last changed?

If you still have bubbles in the fuel line I'd be back there for a cause.