Electric Windows

AndyBM

Reaction score
Website
www.cruise-mids.com
hi all, told you there would be a new issue every day lol

another fault that has arisen, the passenger side e/w switch works fine operating the p/s window, the driver side switch though doesnt, it controls it up fine, but wont control it to go down

any ideas?

many thanks

Do you mean the "one touch" or do you mean it just doesn't work at all to put the window down?

Mines also playing up at the moment. Passenger side window will go down using one touch but won't come back up using one touch. I'm going to see if I can get hold of a second hand switch to try that.

thanks guys, but im starting to regret buying this audi, i have a douzen things that are broke, and they all seem to be either a long tedious job to fix or expensive to change, and time to work on the car, i just dont have, lol

Mines also playing up at the moment. Passenger side window will go down using one touch but won't come back up using one touch. I'm going to see if I can get hold of a second hand switch to try that.

My drivers side one touch hasn't been working, I tried holding the button down then up but no joy.
Today I tried again (after replacing window regulator!!)
I pushed and held button down for just over 10 seconds, then up for 10+ seconds. The one touch then started working.
Give it a try, if it doesn't work hold it for a bit longer.

Reactions: Greeny233
My drivers side one touch hasn't been working, I tried holding the button down then up but no joy.
Today I tried again (after replacing window regulator!!)
I pushed and held button down for just over 10 seconds, then up for 10+ seconds. The one touch then started working.
Give it a try, if it doesn't work hold it for a bit longer.

I'll give it ago. Thanks!

thanks guys, but im starting to regret buying this audi, i have a douzen things that are broke, and they all seem to be either a long tedious job to fix or expensive to change, and time to work on the car, i just dont have, lol

I'm kind of in the same boat! Bought a a4 avant in march/April time and its been playing me up.
I had a p reg Peugeot d turbo for thee past 10 years with 180k on the clock, it was rarely a problem!

The audi developed a knock, it had an advisory from a past mot (not the most recent) for a lower control arm, it looked knackered so changed it (pig of a job) took it for a drive...still knocking.
Turned out it was loose brake pad.
Then window regulator Broke, so just changed that.
The boot solenoid doesn't like the sun, so boot sometimes won't open.
Still has another knock noise from front now over bumps!!... But not too bad.
Oh and a previous glove box hinge fix is now failing.

None of the was present when test driving & the first couple of months were fine.
I've also got a 2002 pd130 golf which has been very good for my 7 years ownership. But guess they are getting on a bit now.