Stage 2 costs

razza1

Reaction score
Website
www.maidenhead-systema.co.uk
Hi, looks like I may be trading in my A4 for potentially an S3 sportback. I'm one for modding and more power so if can't find one done already would want to go stage 2/2+ if funds allow.
What's the cost of going this route on the S3? Not fussed about it bring miltek exhaust, just something sounding good :)
Thanks

You'd be looking at around £1000 for the full exhaust
£350 for the intake
£600 for the HPFP for Stg2+
£500 for mapping

Say around £2.5k all in if buying new and that doesn't include uprated clutch brakes and suspension.

Double my original figure for much of that.

That would take you to around 360-370bhp and I'd strongly recommend brakes clutch and suspension upgrades if you go to that level.

Anything else(Stg3/4) is a LOT more again.

Also seen one for sale advert that claims 390bhp on stage 2 but seems very high...

390bhp is pretty nearly impossible even at Stg2+ and sounds like a very optimistic dyno.

The K04 is pretty much done at 360bhp.

Stg2+ is with the uprated HPFP and fills out midrange torque.

When ya say pretty much done, is there a lot bigger risk of blowing the turbo then?

When ya say pretty much done, is there a lot bigger risk of blowing the turbo then?

The turbo is at the outside edge of its compressor map at that sort of flow and also it's rpm limits.

Trying to run it beyond that results in raised EGTs and shorter lifespan.

360bhp is safe and reliable but anyone claiming 390bhp is being a bit optimistic.

So Alex would u change brakes and suspension for st2+?

I'm stage 2 currently. My spec is revo intake and a miltek sportscat downpipe to standard system.

Mapping was around 350, intake around 300 and exhaust around 500. I'll be going miltek catback and hpfp when I have the spare funds available. The S3 does need some mods to be the car it should have been when it left the factory, a stage 1 remap at the very least.

So Alex would u change brakes and suspension for st2+?

Personally I would.

It enables you to get more from the car and not to have to deal with wobbly suspension and brakes that are marginal with that sort of performance.

I'd imagine I'm at around 320-330 bhp, the difference with the stage 2 over 1 is more the torque than anything. The car feels much more urgent through the gears.