EML flash then nothing?

Av4nt

Reaction score
Hi,

I have had a poke about and found tons of various possibles and alot of rubbish regarding flashing EML's so ill just ask here.

Came off a roundabout onto a dual carriageway earlier today, in either 2nd or 3rd i cant remember now...When I accelerated the car was hesitant and felt like it juddered two or three times before then kicking in almost as if it was a bad turbo lag. Whilst this happened the EML flashed five times and when it then accelerated off the EML dissappeared and never came back on.

I have since accelerated under load to see if it happened again and it didnt but Im not going to keep doing that lol.

Does this sound like the starting symptoms of a misfire? The car is due for a service very soon and I am going to be changing the spark plugs for NGK 7iek along with the current revision coil packs for the car aswell as all filters, oil and pickup pipe.

In the mean time are there any simple checks I can do to see if anything isn't right, other than scan it as I dont ahve access to that without taking to a garage.

could be anything to be honest from coil pack, spark plugs, injectors , crank sensor etc.. if there are no codes i would not worry about it but as you said you have no scanner i would advise on getting the ebay kkl lead with the vcds lite software (comes with lead) so you can at least just have a look if anythhing is going wrong , the lead only costs about 10 quid . better than audi doing same job for about 60 quid

Im going to see if I can bring service date forward and get them to plug her in as it will form part of the service.
when i had the remap done a couple months ago there were no codes showing at all.

Think ill just drive sunday style until service and see what happens when they scan it lol.

In the mean time are there any simple checks I can do to see if anything isn't right, other than scan it as I dont ahve access to that without taking to a garage.

Have you tried looking at the forum's VCDS map to see if there's anyone close who could scan it for you?

Sounds like an intermittent misfire, but seens the EML flashed then it will have logged it. I'd plug it into VCDS and see which cylinder it's on. Probably a coil pack ready to give in.

id say a misfire aswell

Oddly... at service it was plugged in to diagnostics and ...nothing at all even with flashing eml did not bring any code up.

Since the new NGK spark plugs have been fitted ahve had no issues. I dare say they may not have been changed for a while perhaps.