Audi a6 2.5 tdi slow start in the morning

marian.scurtu.52

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi i bought my first audi, not long ago and i cant say i like it, i like the look of it but a bit dissapointed with everithing else... Engine is loud, i've been told that's normal for a 2.5 tdi engine, it takes a while to start in the morning or if i dont run it for a few hours and when it does start it throus out a cloud of smoke, also i have the headlights warning light flashing on the dash but the head lights do work. Oh and sometimes the alarm goes of for no reason ( it makes me wanna take a big hammer and go out and smash it to bits but then i look at it and think it's pretty and i calm myself down) hopefuly i'll be able to sort every thing out soon.. Any sugestions on this three isues?

Heres a couple of pictures for you to see what i'm dealing with
2y9yhy3a.jpg
3e7adebu.jpg

You might have a few small issues, the plastic tee valve on top of the fuel filter will let air in the fuel system if the filter is cheap/low quality, a tired battery won't have enough juice to spin the car over 300rpms so the car won't inject fuel to start, the dashlight issue could be a broken level sensor- if you have factory fitted xenon lights. The car really needs a scan before spending money on it.
The engine is not the quietest about but- if in good health- should not sound loud, just pray it's cams are not worn- that will explain the extra noise... Where abouts in the country are you ? If not too far from N. London, you could pop in so i could have a look at it for you... Regards,
Chris- 07789912128.

I had an A4 2.5TDi and was always disappointed with the engine, plus the fuel injectors needed replacing in the end. :(

Hopefully they are just the small issues mentioned above.

Could check the timing (VCDS/VagCom required) but full fuel line (adamss24 points) with no bubbles and good battery essential and yea they are noisy (from outside).

As adamss24 also says the front and rear level sensors can sieze/break its a fairly easy fix you can check with VCDS/VagCom but if vehicle is not level when you test it throws the warning...

Check the rosstech site for details http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Audi_A6_(4B)_Headlight_Aim_Control_(Dynamic_Light)
:: a4mods.com :: - The Premiere Audi A4 Modification Guide and Pictures Library for the A4 but same for A6

Alarm will almost certainly be damp/corrosion in the rear hatch switch (under the metal cover plate) or the comfort module in a pool of dampness.
Blocked drain holes on a6 c5 2.4 auto avant flooded interior - Page 4

Enjoy .... had all these and more problems early on .....but now recently blasted my 172K 2.5 Avant across europe 4 up with no issues! Like sitting in an armchair watching the world go backwards.

Reactions: gtiboy
Thanks guys, i just hope is nothing major, i'm changing the brakes on it this weekend and hopefully i'll have a diagnostik scan aswell, the car needs a bit of estetic work to but wright now i just want it to work propaly and to stop beeping at me

Hi i'm back againe with more questions, i have mentioned before that my care takes a long time to start in the mornings and i kept asking other people abut it aswell, most of them talled me it could be the glow plugs that needed replacing so i bought a new set of plugs and thought i could do them myself as it's not a verry big job, i managed to change 2 of them and when i got to the third i think i snapped it, it now turns both ways but wont come out, i think it needs drilling out and a new thred made so i left them, the car still starts and what i wanna ask you guys is can i still drive it as it is until i get all of them changed, i don't know how much it will cost me to sort them out but i need the car