A3 8L speaker problems

Hanly

Reaction score
Hello,

My A3 was idle for about 10 months while I was working abroad. I got it going again and for the first week sound was only coming from one speaker on the offside door, then all of a sudden while driving all speakers came back to life and was working perfectly for about two weeks until it went back to just that door again. Now it's been two weeks again. I've checked connections behind the head unit and all seems to be fine. Any idea's how this could happen and where I should look?

Thanks.

Hello,

My A3 was idle for about 10 months while I was working abroad. I got it going again and for the first week sound was only coming from one speaker on the offside door, then all of a sudden while driving all speakers came back to life and was working perfectly for about two weeks until it went back to just that door again. Now it's been two weeks again. I've checked connections behind the head unit and all seems to be fine. Any idea's how this could happen and where I should look?

Thanks.

Had it got a bose or standard system?

I'd check all the connections you can get at if it was me. Check where the wires go into the door from the car body (inside a rubber sleeve) and also maybe take the door card off to have a look.