I'm BACK!!!!

Arrkon

Back in a "B"
Staff member
Regional Rep
Reaction score
Hey all, I used to be found luring in the depths of the B5 section. But after the failure of the engine and no time to fix, I have had a spate of not so sensible cars (vectra/passat/octavia). But now I have gone away from my usual bad luck with 1.8t and I'm back with this beauty:

20140724 213748

2.5TDi AKE Manual. 2003, 190k but full history and belt intervals done, And almost everything works. Now I'm not averse to some work, but would like some clarification from fellow A6'rs:

• Oil pressure sensor, where is it?
  • what is the interval for the belts?
  • what oil is recommended?
  • and, how well/not do these respond to a stg1 map?
Cheers all :rock:

Reactions: Sandra and ScottD3
Welcome back rob. Love the car. Enjoy. :) x

have the same 2004 2.5tdi v6 a6 allroad. have a tuning box has increased acceleration and increased average mpg from about 25 to 32 country driving. it is worth the cost of the box? don't know. apparently remapping is better but again could not justify the cost.

I'd not map it at that milage without proof of replacement turbo, cams and fuel pump as all of these are known weak spots on these engines . I'd be amazed if it's gone this milage without these items being changed.

Got invoices for fuel pump, cams, timing belts and all sorts of other things... Pump was done only 30k ago, and belt at 140k so may be due one soon..

Reactions: Broken Byzan
my allroad has now done 160,000miles and no problem with injection pump or cams or any engine issues (jinxed it now).
I do regular oil change/service every 10,000 miles/6 months, timing belt/water pump etc 5 years or 70,000miles (done it once, hopefully won't have to do it again but would probablly be easier a 2nd time) & all other items as listed on ELSA, fuel filter every 20,000miles - I think it important to make sure the diesel is clean for the pump.

Massive list of other items I have had to replace but all can be put down to wear/tear (air springs, suspensions arms, cv boots, brakes, air con fan, egr valve, lots of tyres) lucky I am quite practical or it would have been quite a few trips to the garage.

but I can't excuse the automatic gearbox failing (oil in front diff was all rusty) and needing replacing by my local independent garage .... or that replacement one (audi remanufactured) also failing 12monts later (luckily within its warranty that time so got another new one from audi) ..... and then that one springing an oil leak - this time repaired under warranty. I see you are lucky enough to have found a manual one.

Reactions: Arrkon
Yeah, it just happened to be the right price, wanted a few other bits (double din, leather etc) but I can add them at a later point. Big surprise was the rear fold down dvd player the seller forgot to put on the ad, once it's double din converted, that will also be added to the back of my pioneer unit :)