Wheel refurbishment

Zobware

Reaction score
So I have finally found a set of 5 spoke OEM wheels for my 2014 A4 - they are in very good condition but I need to get them professionally refurbished as want new looking wheels on a new car!

My question is what colour to go for on a Monsoon Grey A4? Either standard silver, gunmetal, gloss black or Matt black? Did like the ides of gunmetal but think it might be too much with the bodywork colour.

I know at the end of the day it is my personal choice but just appreciate your thoughts

Thanks

Makes a huge difference what style the new wheels are...
IMO you can't beat OE but each to their own :sm4:

Apologies for adding this late posting but, while we are talking about alloys wheel refurbishment, does anyone have a firm view on whither getting alloy wheels re-painted and lacquered - as original, or powder coated is the best way to go when refurbishing them?

I got a set of 18" five spokes powder coated for use with winter tyres, but when I eventually need to get my 19" seven double spokes refurbished, I think that I'll stick with a paint and lacquer finish, I'm just curious to get all the pros and cons aired for my and others benefit.

I've powder coated a decent amount of wheels for people and they do seem to stay nicer for longer. Wet paint covers corrosion better though