Could somebody with an 8V 3dr do me a favour please?

Makes no difference... If you DO have the B & O you can adjust the level of the floor in exactly the same way.

So errrr no it doesn't!

The towbar also makes no difference if you just remove the pointless bit of foam they give you for storing the towbar in, which is a pain anyway as it means you have to lift the whole boot floor to get to it which might not always be possible! I bought a heavy duty velcro bag to store mine in, it's perfect. The bit of foam is somewhere in storage at home so I can put it back in if I ever sell the car...

Did you read the rest of the thread?
If you did, you'd see that the brochure now says "Height adjustable floor - Not available on quattro variants OR in conjunction with Audi sound system or B+O Sound System"

Reactions: The Challinor
ct1Kzok.jpg

"I sent the email to Audi and have just had a phone call from Audi Customer Services saying they have spoken to someone at Audi Sales and the brochure is correct and you no longer get a boot floor than can be lowered if you order an A3 as a quattro or with the Audi Sound System or B+O sound system." (- h5djr)

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-8v-chassis/210312-online-a3-brochure-updated-now-valid-february-2014-a.html

Reactions: The Challinor
Did you read the rest of the thread?
If you did, you'd see that the brochure now says "Height adjustable floor - Not available on quattro variants OR in conjunction with Audi sound system or B+O Sound System"

Yes, and it's wrong. I'm sure this has come up in the past as well, and it's wrong for the towbar as well (once you remove the bit of foam).

Il be getting my car this week,hopefully by wednesday...and will be able to confirm if my (yes my) wheelchair fits in.
Saddest thing is that im adapting my a3 :(going to have to have these commoners touch my beloved a3 before i can even drive it.

But basically i should be able to confirm that my wheelchair fits or not (without the seats going down) before the end of this week

Lol, I know the feeling. Mine sat in the adapter's car park for a whole week this time last year, because it was so new that they didn't have any hand controls that would fit it!

They finally got some that were compatible with the MK7 Golf, same platform so it worked.

I would say that you have to have either a very small, or very collapsible wheelchair to fit in the A3 3 door boot easily. I fortunately have one that comes apart very easily.

Yes, and it's wrong. I'm sure this has come up in the past as well, and it's wrong for the towbar as well (once you remove the bit of foam).

Yep, despite the brochure it was my understanding that it is ONLY Quattro that prevents having the floor at the lower level. So I assume your floor is adjustable?

Yep, despite the brochure it was my understanding that it is ONLY Quattro that prevents having the floor at the lower level. So I assume your floor is adjustable?

Yup. With towbar & Audi sound system, still adjustable.

Makes no difference... If you DO have the B & O you can adjust the level of the floor in exactly the same way.

So errrr no it doesn't!

The towbar also makes no difference if you just remove the pointless bit of foam they give you for storing the towbar in, which is a pain anyway as it means you have to lift the whole boot floor to get to it which might not always be possible! I bought a heavy duty velcro bag to store mine in, it's perfect. The bit of foam is somewhere in storage at home so I can put it back in if I ever sell the car...

Don't shoot the messenger, Audi wrote it and as they designed and built the car you kinda take what's in the brochure as true...

Thanks Scott and veeeight for clarification so sorry to be childish cemerson but yerrrrr I'm right

All well and good if you weren't arguing against people who had these options already and had already told you that it was the case that you could still adjust the boot floor height. Brochure doesn't mean anything when you have the actual car in front of you to test on...

All well and good if you weren't arguing against people who had these options already and had already told you that it was the case that you could still adjust the boot floor height. Brochure doesn't mean anything when you have the actual car in front of you to test on...

But this guy has brought a new car mate so telling him what people can do on old cars is irrelevant.

What's more likely: That they spent time and money changing their car for the worse, or Audi (whose product knowledge across the company is pretty poor at the best of times) printed this in error?

Well, until we see a MY15 car in the flesh to verify, why not wait? ;)

There is an outside chance that they may have done a change to the car - after all, for example they did change the ACC speed limits for the worse, downgraded them!

Don't think they changed them so much as stopped offering the higher specced one... the lower spec one was still available before, and there is benefit to Audi in doing this - it's cheaper! But having designed a clever sub/spare wheel/boot floor system that allows you to have it all and still adjust the floor, doesn't seem likely they'd change that.

The brochure is definitely wrong in the case of the SB

52vva1R.jpg

I've just been speaking to my dealer on the phone (6 month follow up courtesy call) - and he has a non-quattro, SB, with B&O, and he can get the 2 heights in the boot floor.

It won't be the first time the brochure is wrong though!
(S-keyfob, s/s footrest etc.)

Reactions: mjcourtney
The brochure is definitely wrong in the case of the SB

52vva1R.jpg

I've just been speaking to my dealer on the phone (6 month follow up courtesy call) - and he has a non-quattro, SB, with B&O, and he can get the 2 heights in the boot floor.

It won't be the first time the brochure is wrong though!
(S-keyfob, s/s footrest etc.)

God damn S key fob

If you buy a (insert name of car here), you get a special "R" keyfob ;)

bHHdNe2.jpg

But nevermind that, what about our RHD s/s footrest !

Noticed something from upthread... No rear cupholders in SB? Glad I went 3d! ;)

Reactions: veeeight
Yep :)

Cars with the correct number of doors all have rear cupholders as standard :)

My SB has rear cup holders that come out of the fold down centre armrest. Never used them though.

John.

Reactions: veeeight
My A3 Saloon has rear cup holders out of the fold down center armrest which also lifts up for a storage area. Came as standard.

Centre arm rest is a option included with through load isn't it?

I do have through load facility so you may be right.

However, it can be tilted forwards in two ways:

1. One 3/4 height & middle seat width (half depth of seat back) for the arm rest leaving no opening to the boot. Boot hatch stays in place. Or:

2. Both the armrest (as above) and boot back together (full depth of seat back) swing down to allow a hole from the boot for carrying longer stuff.

I don't see any particular reason (apart from pushing the sale of options) to prevent a standard of option 1 on all cars and then only add the boot hatch part for the through load facility.

(Not my most eloquent post - decent descriptive terms evade me today).

John.