A4 cab project... Low and slow

rbailey88

Reaction score
Hi all!
Searched long and hard for an atlas grey a4 with the 1.8t engine. Viewed a few different colours but had my heart set on what I wanted. After 6 months I found the perfect car!! 1 owner, full audi service (once a year), just over 30k, full heated leather, Bose, mint condition, 12 months mot and 6 months tax.
day I got it...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 261
Already knew what I wanted to do so started looking for coilovers, had a nightmare getting a set of fk's (machinery at the factory down). Nobody had any in stock anywhere in the uk so starting looking at shops and tuning companies in Germany. After weeks of searching got hold of a set of silverlines (50 quid cheaper than over here!) I previously found apex and spax kits in stock but neither go low enough on the rears, where the fk's go -75mm which is closer to how I want it sat.

After recieving the kit I removed rear platforms to be machined

Removed locking nuts and machined platform by 5mm

Then purchased a set of speedlines 19x9 freshly ceramic polished with new centre caps and barrels powder coated in crackle black

Then bought a set of falken 452's in 215/35/19

After that I had some spacers machined. Fronts 16mm and rears 17mm.
Then an m14 stud conversion (80mm machined to 63mm)
And a set of polished nuts.

The result...
View attachment 37351

View attachment 37352

Was really happy with the look, just waiting for coilovers to settle for a couple of goods drives then final adjustments to the height.

Ordered a set of pressed plates. From a company on eBay using all original german machinery and ink for 20 notes (pair) they turned out to be really good, great quality! Ordered some stadt stickers to go on also.
View attachment 37353

Used a product called Renovo to shampoo the hood as part of a 3 stage process. Next being dye and finish with a sealer.