Getting a bit more ummmph out of a 2009 A6 2.0 TDIe

Crossmax

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I had the ECU on my A6 re-mapped last year using Bluefin technology, according to the site my car would go from 136bhp to around 170bhp with a 45nm of torque increase (I could be wrong on the torque number). Car is far more drivable especially from 2000 to 3000rpm...I'm not saying it will beat everything at the lights but I have surprised a few cars off the line. Anyone know of anything else I could do to increase performance...am not looking for anything major...maybe get the bhp up to 190/200. Any thoughts folks?

Peter

To get that kind of increase you are looking at nearly a 50% improvement over stock. I don't know for definate but I would of thought the standard turbo wouldn't do that.
Had a quick look at ETKA, looks like your engine is the CAGB, and indeed the turbo on the 136bhp and 170bhp are different. The 136bhp and 143 bhp cars use the same smaller turbo. It looks like the 136bhp only has a single side mount intercooler and the 170bhp twin side mount intercoolers.
The 136 and 170bhp engines use the same injectors and fuel pump.
I would have thought an upgrade to a 170bhp turbo and a FMIC or upgrade to the twin side mount and another remap would get you to 200bhp. The standard clutch is 240mm so should be OK for the torque increase.
The remap you have at the moment is supposed to give 46 Lb/ft or 63Nm increase.
Getting rid of the DPF will liberate some more power and an improvement in fuel economy.

Karl.

Surely the best option for that sort of power level is to buy a V6 TDI in the first place? I know you already have a 2.0, so that's what you are going to work with. But I'd be happy with 170 if I had a 2.0.

in relation to this and 2L BRE engine - dip in power moving off the standstill is still present.

e.g. moving off the lights or pulling from side roads is bordering with dangerous. That coupled with auto box is somewhat suicidal... is there anything that be done about that or, simply put, is a fallacy of a 2L engine :)?

The key here is much more about torque than bhp. the hike from 136bhp to circa 170bhp will help top end but in everyday driving it will be the increase from the stock 236lb/ft to around 290lb/ft that you are feeling.

Not much more you can do without more major modifications to the engine but I'd certainly look into removing the DPF and blanking off the EGR. You will then need a revised map to stop error codes appearing and to get the optimum performance out of the changes.

Bhp will only be slightly more but responsiveness should definitely improve.

J:)