Smoke screen!!!!

WALTO TDI

Reaction score
On my way home from work today the daily commute turned into a disaster!!!
Just pulled out of this junction as normal and heard a loud whistle then loads and loads of grey smoke out of the rear!!!
The dreaded turbo has gone!!!! No power whatsoever but managed to limp home. The smoke screen behind me was like a James Bond film!!! It's now parked in my drive and awaiting repair. I've booked it in for Wednesday next week so hopefully be on the road by end of next week.
Car done 85k so can't really complain. Just wasn't expecting the bill.

The nice fellas at PSI tuning in stoke have also lent me a courtesy car until mine is fixed. They have a recovery company coming on Monday to load the car and take it to them.

On the bright side I'm gonna have a nice nice shiny new turbo on by end of week!!! 😄

On my way home from work today the daily commute turned into a disaster!!!
Just pulled out of this junction as normal and heard a loud whistle then loads and loads of grey smoke out of the rear!!!
The dreaded turbo has gone!!!! No power whatsoever but managed to limp home. The smoke screen behind me was like a James Bond film!!! It's now parked in my drive and awaiting repair. I've booked it in for Wednesday next week so hopefully be on the road by end of next week.
Car done 85k so can't really complain. Just wasn't expecting the bill.

The nice fellas at PSI tuning in stoke have also lent me a courtesy car until mine is fixed. They have a recovery company coming on Monday to load the car and take it to them.

On the bright side I'm gonna have a nice nice shiny new turbo on by end of week!!! ������

How gutting! Was there any signs the turbo was going or did it just happen! Makes me scared to drive mine!

No!!! No signs at all drove perfectly and didn't miss a beat up until it happened!

Are you sure the turbo has gone, and it's not just a boost pipe popped off? I'm sure it gives the same symptoms.

If the boost hose comes off on a TDI you get pitch black smoke cos its overfuelling like a bint, I had this happen on thursday, its like the smoke from burning a tyre haha

Well the oil pressure light came on too - so I'm convinced it is the turbo