Mk7 Gti turbo on a 20V

Scullies

Reaction score
Just thought I would plant the seed and see where things go :wacko:

Mk7 Gti turbo orientation is the same way as 8L S3, but it bolts directly onto the head as there is no manifold on the new TSI engines. The "manifold" is incorporated into the head and is cooled by coolant.

APR are claiming remap gains of 100hp from a stage one and 140hp gain with suitable hardware upgrades. The Mk7 R should be interesting after a remap.

Photo 1

Photo 2

Tsi head

Tsi turbo

Surely an adaptor plate is needed?
Or literally bolt on to a 1.8t?

I am liking your thinking of this. This needs further investigation

You know me. Already on it. Have one on my bench brand new. Been striping it down. The turbine is identical to the k04 1.8t 50mm/42mm but a funky design and the a/r of the Hotside is massive! From my understanding it's an ihi unit so upgrading to decent turbine and compressor shouldn't be an issue.

Reactions: Vex182
wow, already looking a hybrids hey.
Wonder what turbo the R has?

From what I found on the web,
IHI 22082-04

Ihi

Interesting that they've chosen to watercool the manifold...

Thats a LOT of heat they're dumping into the cooling system!!

Compressor is the same size as a k04 1.8t. So can't really se any point in fitting over a tfsi unit. Potential when it's hybrid though I think is the way to go. On an s3 though I'm sure the downward facing outlet will hit the transfer box. It would be fine on an a4..

electric actuators...

hmmmm. hot places and electrics.

not convinced over the long term how that will work out, vag cant even get swirl flap motors to work on relatively cool places.

oh so complicated now is'nt it

Reactions: newbster
hot places, electrics and plastics = FAIL
The tfsi has a plastic throttle plate and methanol loves to eat the plastic :(

Mk7 Gti turbo orientation is the same way as 8L S3, but it bolts directly onto the head as there is no manifold on the new TSI engines. The "manifold" is incorporated into the head and is cooled by coolant.

APR are claiming remap gains of 100hp from a stage one and 140hp gain with suitable hardware upgrades. The Mk7 R should be interesting after a remap.]

Mk7 golf r and 8v s3 are making 3.7 seconds 0-60 with just dtuk tuning box / stage 1.

With hardware will be r8 territory I imagine, also revo have vids online of their stage 1 golf r mk7

Sean

APR are claiming remap gains of 100hp from a stage one and 140hp gain with suitable hardware upgrades. The Mk7 R should be interesting after a remap.

View attachment 37741

View attachment 37742

View attachment 37739

View attachment 37740

The Mk7 R is fantastic, 'Port flashed' with REVO (then data logged & set up, as Revo is Fully adjustable).
Stage 1 Revo, we have seen 0-60 at 3.67 sec, 0-100 in 9 & 12.1 1/4 mile.
Stage 2 has been running on our development car for a few weeks now, which was at Blyton Park trackday 2 weeks ago. Mind blowing performance, especially when launching down the strip!
Revo | Innovative Hardware and Software Products for Audi, Ford, Porsche, SEAT, Skoda and VW vehicles | MK7 Golf R 2.0TSi Stage 1 Software OUT NOW!!

Reactions: Essflee
But turbos are now being recalled as they are failing...in some cases more than once..

The one I have is a recalled item but is going to be modified anyway

But turbos are now being recalled as they are failing...in some cases more than once..

The one I have is a recalled item but is going to be modified anyway

Yeh I seen this in the 8v forum, a few have failed already but the car being under warranty has had it replaced doesn't look good if you want to buy/ fit the turbo for other platforms though.......

Sean