Is it a full bumper removal to pop these back ?

rich dj

2015 A4 Avant 2.0TDI SE Quattro 190 Technik
Reaction score
This has been bugging me for a while now
It's on a A6 C6 avant.
And do they just click in or do I need to pop some mastic round the back to hold them? I'm sure they would have a catch but unable to see as yet.
Can I get my hand behind the bumper?
It's the middle 2 on the rear of the car.

nynadu9a.jpg

Note I have sucked them back to this position with a vacuum cleaner :) as they kept beeping constantly as they were a long way in.

Reactions: Jespy, P40ULW and jojo
Rear bumper is surprisingly easy to remove, dropped mine for the first time last week to get at these,

3 torx at the rear side of each rear arch
5 torx under the rear
And 3 10mm nuts on either side, one under the tail light and 2 further toward the outside of the car

How the heck do you remove the bold that's under the tail light. Mine looks like an 8 mm nut on a very long bolt which stops me putting a normal 8mm socket on ? am I looking at the correct one ( 2006 saloon)

I managed to unscrew the lower plastic trim underneath the bumper and get my hand inside the bumper and pushed them back into place. I also used a little clear mastic to hold them in place as the retaining clips had broken and you can't see it. I used mastic so you can push it back if if they go faulty.

How the heck do you remove the bold that's under the tail light. Mine looks like an 8 mm nut on a very long bolt which stops me putting a normal 8mm socket on ? am I looking at the correct one ( 2006 saloon)
Use a long socket.

Auditags014 2

Hi Royc
Thanks for the info. I had no long reach sockets :-( but did manage to find a box spanner. :)
All sorted now and thanks for the information, probably worth others knowing they will need a long 8mm socket for the bolt before they start .
Have a good New Year

Reactions: RoyC