Sold her today.

joncro

Reaction score
Hi Chaps, firstly I don't post much on this board but I do enjoy spending time reading the posts and looking at all the great cars.
I have just put a deposit on a black 2008 a4 avant 2.0tdi tdv s line multitronic. Lovely car with the perfect spec I wanted, black leather full rnse Etc.
Hopefully pick her up next weekend. Thanks again chaps for the useful advise and entertainment whilst the other half watches eastenders!
Quick question, should I now view the b7 or b8 section of the forum, car is jan 2008 on a 57 plate.
Jon

Reactions: Sandra
Jon, your new car will be a b8 chassis. We will look forward to pics when you collect. :) x

Thanks sandra, pics shouldn't be a problem!

Reactions: Sandra
I think a Jan 08 will be a B7? B8 was at Frankfurt motor show in Sept? 07. I think the first ones were 08 plates? Could well be wrong though!

I think you're correct Chas, well mine is defiantly a B7, now I looked at both body styles.

I've seen B8s on a 57-plate. Jan 08 could be either, but I think B7 more likely. Any, a picture will soon answer the question.

Make sure the oil pump has been changed from chain drive to gears or it could be expensive

If the interior is similar to this it is a B8: (Left hand drive, but you get the idea)

header217.jpg

or this is a B7/B6

0803_05_z+2007_audi_rS4+interior_view.jpg

Hi chaps, defo a b7 and I've just been reading up on the damn oil pump, car is a jan 2008 bre engine and I believe it will have the geared version rather than the chain but its the hex drive that wears resulting in the same probs..really like the car, its the perfect spec but I'm now considering backing out of the deal and losing £200 deposit,
****** cars!

I've had the same concerns mate.Would like to upgrade but according to my Audi dealership this problem along with injector issues was only ironed out in the later engines ie after '10/'11 plate and you're looking at big bucks for these cars.

I was looking at the overall sales figures for the A4 between 2005 -2009 and they probably made well over 1.2 million cars and a high majority of those were probably the 2.0tdi, its put a few things into perspective. After all which modern diesel engine doesn't have issues, DPF's EGR ect. The car has got a cracking service history and feels so much more modern and smooth compared to my current A4 Avant 2.5tdi (aka The Tractor)
We have decided to go ahead with the deal, will probably book it in for the hex drive to be inspected for piece of mind.
Jon

Thanks chaps, btw the only thing letting the car down are a few wing mirror scuffs, the car is black but the mirrors are painted in a matt silver paint (which i like) any idea which paint I should get to respray them with?
Cheers

2.0 tdi is worrying but the notoriously unreliable multitronic would have me scared sh**less.

Pick her up in the morning! Spend the afternoon cleaning and playing with the toys no doubt