Mpps lead

mattf1000

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get one that's reliable and cheap. I want to remap my 1.9 tdi using a black smoke remap. I want to see what it's like and then return it to standard if I'm not happy or the Mrs doesn't like it. I want power she wants economy haha

Yeah saw them but 1000-1500 quid or is my eye sight bad. Can't afford that for what might be a one off

I used a 10 quid galletto cable from ebay on my old 1.9tdi skoda fabia with a black smoke map. Worked fine. I tested it first by downloading the ECU data to my laptop before using it to write. Still risky though i guess but i had no problems.

I've just looked on ebay for leads and they're cheap enough and most have the software as well. Might give it a go. What's the worst that can happen. Given I'm completely crap with computers haha

Yeah true. Lol. Had a mk3 3door golf tdi years ago that was quite rapid after some work. Bigger turbo, injectors etc etc. Went from 90hp to 167hp on the rollers with loads and loads of torque. Loved it to bits. Mrs wrote it off under a lorry and backwards through a hedge oops. Thank god for buckets roll cage and harness's. Not her fault I may add.

Last edited:
Anyone know where I can get one that's reliable and cheap. I want to remap my 1.9 tdi using a black smoke remap. I want to see what it's like and then return it to standard if I'm not happy or the Mrs doesn't like it. I want power she wants economy haha

black smoke remap?