Single din to double din mod

A4mitch

Reaction score
Hi guys,

has anyone done this conversion and has the part number for the double din frame to hand?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks mate, much appreciated!

Do you have a link for ebay item, I couldn't find it when I looked :-/

When I did mine I just went to TPS (or main dealer) and bought a new frame for £40.

They do pop up at breakers, but seem to see more single dins.

Last edited:
New double din cages are around £38 from dealer, you will also need a new console( unless you want to cut your old one ) and a double din climate unit ( again unless you want to cut your old one ) , there are a few options of which way to go with it but it does depend on what head unit you want to fit, i.e. If you are fitting a rnse you would be better off trying to locate a double din climate unit as it has the location tabs on the top but if you fitting,like me an after market head unit you will be better off sourcing a second working or not single din climate unit and trimming the front plate to fit the lower location in the centre console, the front plates are easy to swop.

Mine was about £25 from ebay, dont forget you double din ashtray (£15) and your double din climate (£35), all depending what HU your going for, but for the best OEM look, all the above is needed.

Check my thread, i did this not long ago, really easy !!

I have a pdf showing the complete job, if interested send me your email and i'll forward it on to you.

Cheers for the help lads, managed to pick up the cage from a local breakers this morning for just £5!! And have now got a double din kenwood screen installed in my b6 :)

Reactions: Sandra
I didn't require anything else except the double din cage. The ash tray fits back in, trim the centre consul and trim the edges of the climate unit job done!

I didn't require anything else except the double din cage. The ash tray fits back in, trim the centre consul and trim the edges of the climate unit job done!

Yeh i did this first, but big heavy handed me didnt do the best job so changed it all lol

Reactions: Greeny233