Gloss Blak Grill With Chrome Surround.

wanton

Reaction score
Hi all, I am looking for an OEM gloss black grill with chrome surround to fit a 56 plate A3 s-line without having to do any modifications. I had a look at the sticky parts thread but there des not seem to be one for my car. Can anyone confirm this? If I am wrong what is the part number?

Cheers!

Last edited:
There isn't one, if you want this you'll have to paint your one, to get a good gloss black finish on every grille slat will be more work than you ever imagined, painstaking, tedious, finger bleeding work

Thanks for the confirmation Lukey! So I take it there is a matt black grill with a chrome surround that will fit a 56 plate s-line? You don't happen to know the correct part number by any chance lol?

If you want an OEM grille what you would need to do is get a black styling grille, then you will need to carefully separate the gloss black grille trim from it and the chrome trim from yours then swap them over.

This is the grille you want

http://www.stokeaudi-parts.co.uk/products/Audi-A3-S%2dLine-Black-Radiator-Grill-(2005%2d2008).html

If you don't mind a little project take your grille apart and paint the grey grille matte or satin black.

If you do go for the OEM route and use your chrome surround I will be interested in buying your gloss black surround.

Last edited:
Cool, they are just loads of tabs holding the surround on, a few small flathead screwdrivers and you can carefully ease it off then it will start to come off more easily, I took my chrome one off mine like this to paint it gloss black, but im OCD perfectionist and want an OEM gloss black surround lol. If only youd posted 2 or 3 weeks ago, we could have swapped surrounds lol