B5 Lowering Cups/perches

novril

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am hoping to fit some B5 spring cups to my B7 avant to level out the springs a bit as the H&R ones sit a bit too low at the rear.

I also have new Bilstein shocks to fit, I have just test fitted the cups to find the Bilstein ones are 2mm smaller in overall diameter and dont have the smaller profile towards the tp of the cup like the B5 ones.

Has anyone fitted these? I was thinking of either making a few slits in the top narrower section of the B5 cups and sort of stretch it over the show body, or to cut off the top part of the cup to allow it to fit and then pack the shock body out slightly to fit snug in the cup.

Hard to describe but the B5 ones are stepped, the Bilstein ones are not.

I don't know how else I can do it, I need the car level and don't want it apart again!

Can anyone help?

B5 cups will only fit OEM shocks. Personally I'd be buying new OEM shocks to fit them on or going for coilovers, I'm not really liking the idea of modifying them.

I've literally got all the parts next to the 2 post ramp to fit tomor! Mahle control arm kit and discs and pads as well. Bilstein sport shocks as mine are very tired! I can't live with the reverse rake look I don't think. I will have to sort something out. Even if it is to mill out a tad of the inside spring cup mounting face.

Does anyone know if the Bilstein cup height is the same as the S-line shocks then? I will have a measure up tomor...

Cheers, Mark.

Hi mark, how did you get on with this i the end? Which bilstien shocks do you have?

I bought genuine shocks in the end. I still have the Bilstein b4 sport shocks in my tool box! Need to sell them in really!