Show Us Your Reflection Shots

Not sure I that is a compliment or not lol

lol......car looks spectacular mate, l can imagine how much effort it can be to detail a Q5 its a large car...what have l done today...well cut the front grass....hate gardening ,washed her car.then corrected a few scratches/swirls on it, then cleaned interior glass...etc etc,i washed my own car and left it to drip dry.....at a low low ebb....cant be *****.....with this detailing malarkey atm.....too much like hard work....
Oh...not going to Jamaica anymore as the place we have been to the 3 times has built a new part right next door,its 5 star plus...so booked it for next May,it doesnt open til then...wish it were opened right now.....lol

Reactions: NevMan and V6_Man
Wash with Angelwax Enigma and topped off with Enigma QED:

8969baa0f24d56c5b5cd58f0a309da90.jpg

3fda37a47312ef791b8ea631ed415a87.jpg

6fc1945c7f381e7d6d1930538b238b1a.jpg

Both do a great job, but QED very grabby, despite not using much, so needs more elbow grease than usual, which may be a good thing. Will feedback on longevity and beading etc.

Washing a Q5 is not easy, hats off to you mate. You must have biceps the size of popeye by now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimbob76, Thundercliffe81 and NevMan
Washing a Q5 is not easy, hats off to you mate. You must have biceps the size of popeye by now

Mate, the funny thing is it isn't really. With the ceramic coating, by the time I get a mitt on the car, pretty much all dirt is gone. I know it will be different in winter, but that is when my 0ppm water will come into it's own, as will pre-wash, snow foam, rinse etc, and at times just final rinse without using mitt or dry.

Reactions: V6_Man
lol......car looks spectacular mate, l can imagine how much effort it can be to detail a Q5 its a large car...what have l done today...well cut the front grass....hate gardening ,washed her car.then corrected a few scratches/swirls on it, then cleaned interior glass...etc etc,i washed my own car and left it to drip dry.....at a low low ebb....cant be *****.....with this detailing malarkey atm.....too much like hard work....
Oh...not going to Jamaica anymore as the place we have been to the 3 times has built a new part right next door,its 5 star plus...so booked it for next May,it doesnt open til then...wish it were opened right now.....lol
Next car may be a slightly smaller RS variety, or you never know, may do the same as @Thundercliffe81 and myself a 4.2 V8 beast :icon thumright:

I wanted to get to my grass, but was too wet ***.

Shame about Jamaica, but always great to have something booked to look forward to, for us it is Maldives in Feb..woohoo

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Thundercliffe81
Next car may be a slightly smaller RS variety, or you never know, may do the same as @Thundercliffe81 and myself a 4.2 V8 beast :icon thumright:

Shame about Jamaica, but always great to have something booked to look forward to, for us it is Maldives in Feb..woohoo

Maldives is a healthy chunk towards an RS4 I jest. I'd love to go there. Just looks like a different World.

Mate, the funny thing is it isn't really. With the ceramic coating, by the time I get a mitt on the car, pretty much all dirt is gone. I know it will be different in winter, but that is when my 0ppm water will come into it's own, as will pre-wash, snow foam, rinse etc, and at times just final rinse without using mitt or dry.

Ours is the same water belt. I am also looking at dionized water setup as I believe it will help with the drying and stuff.

Reactions: NevMan and Thundercliffe81
Maldives is a healthy chunk towards an RS4 I jest. I'd love to go there. Just looks like a different World.

I know it is mate, but without spelling it out, given what my wife has been through this year, she deserves it, and is the big five oh
It is a different world, amazing to go there, have been twice before over the years (hence why I don't have an RS already)!

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Ours is the same water belt. I am also looking at dionized water setup as I believe it will help with the drying and stuff.

Honestely mate, makses it so so much easier. If you think your cars bead now, wait till you chuck 0ppm on them, then he realise how much cr*p is in the water (at least where I live - it is 240+ ppm!)

You have an RS now mate. You can now relax and book yourself a holiday

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
I know it is mate, but without spelling it out, given what my wife has been through this year, she deserves it, and is the big five oh
It is a different world, amazing to go there, have been twice before over the years (hence why I don't have an RS already)!

Nuff said mate. Yeah, it is not cheap is it. When I looked, it just couldn't be done on a budget! I'll have some Sepang reflection shots soon. Never had a coloured car before. Interested to see how a coating holds up over winter with a colour like this.

Worked well with Daytona. Just hid the dirt so easily that.

Reactions: NevMan
You have an RS now mate. You can now relax and book yourself a holiday

You mean I can save for a holiday, right? Bank account doesn't know what's hit it haha.

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan and voorhees
Nuff said mate. Yeah, it is not cheap is it. When I looked, it just couldn't be done on a budget! I'll have some Sepang reflection shots soon. Never had a coloured car before. Interested to see how a coating holds up over winter with a colour like this.

Worked well with Daytona. Just hid the dirt so easily that.

Nope, not a budget holiday, but you don't need to spend completely silly money...ish!

Sepang is the dogs mate, so look forward to some reflection shots. I am a massive Daytona fan, but it is so common on the roads nowadays...that said, great for hiding dirt.

I have Mythos Black, but coating does help (so far), interested to see how it performs through the winter and if it is still there in the spring :whistle2:

Reactions: zippster and Thundercliffe81
Nope, not a budget holiday, but you don't need to spend completely silly money...ish!

Sepang is the dogs mate, so look forward to some reflection shots. I am a massive Daytona fan, but it is so common on the roads nowadays...that said, great for hiding dirt.

I have Mythos Black, but coating does help (so far), interested to see how it performs through the winter and if it is still there in the spring :whistle2:

What did you use?

I've used Koch Chemie 1k nano over the years. Gets you about 18-24months durability. Very easy to apply. Think my detailer uses Gyeon Pure. That's what'll be going on mine.

Reactions: zippster
Mine was done by @FranA3 who uses MaxProtect, which I had never heard of, but the man knows his stuff and swears by this stuff.
I will reserve judgement until after winter, but is supposed to be pretty tough and durable

Reactions: zippster, V6_Man and Thundercliffe81
Just washed and finished off with ultimate fast finish
3A366FE3 67BD 42F8 AB2B C15FD062BCAC

That’s all

Reactions: zippster, V6_Man, NevMan and 1 other person

I gonna be honest mate a RS car doesn't interest me, l have driven a few of them, great toys but not a great daily driver for every reason you can think of M cars are the same

I gonna be honest mate a RS car doesn't interest me, l have driven a few of them, great toys but not a great daily driver for every reason you can think of M cars are the same
You did get close to getting RS when you ordered your current S3 didn't you? I know what you mean, they are great toys, but something like RS4/RS6 still fantastic daily driver. Given we have the JCW as a nice toy, we will see, but Q5 stays for at least the next couple years (keep telling myself this)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Thundercliffe81
You did get close to getting RS when you ordered your current S3 didn't you? I know what you mean, they are great toys, but something like RS4/RS6 still fantastic daily driver. Given we have the JCW as a nice toy, we will see, but Q5 stays for at least the next couple years (keep telling myself this)

I Sure did, l got very close indeed it was only £54 a month more for a RS3 saloon, spec was comfort & sound pack, RS exhaust,matt aluminium pack, upgraded alloys, privacy glass, Pano-roof, SS seats ,extended leather, Ara blue, but l would have lost my £2k deposit l put down on my S3 as the deal l was getting was from another Audi dealer, still don't regret it though, if i did get a RS3 it would have to have a wacko paint job plus all the other kit so your taking £57k that's a hell of lot of money for a extra 80 bhp

I Sure did, l got very close indeed it was only £54 a month more for a RS3 saloon, spec was comfort & sound pack, RS exhaust,matt aluminium pack, upgraded alloys, privacy glass, Pano-roof, SS seats ,extended leather, Ara blue, but l would have lost my £2k deposit l put down on my S3 as the deal l was getting was from another Audi dealer, still don't regret it though, if i did get a RS3 it would have to have a wacko paint job plus all the other kit so your taking £57k that's a hell of lot of money for a extra 80 bhp

Wow, not much difference monthly, but see the dilemma...you do like your paint jobs :icon thumright:

I do feel as though I need to scratch the 6 cylinder, 5 pot, V6 or V8 itch, as have had too many 2L cars.
The S3 is already a stonker, and you never know, I may buy yours off you mate :whistle2:

Reactions: Jassyo06
Second coat of ceramic hybrid on my week old rs3 (mythos black) :) she's shiny!.. and ready for winter weather!

IMG 0025
IMG 0026
IMG 0028
IMG 0029

Reactions: Jonnie, BKing, BarryG79 and 5 others
Now that IS shiny! Doing it all yourself @zippster ?

yeh all my own effort.. sad but true its part of my new car ritual.. its not mine until I clean and protect it.. I use dodo juice hybrid ceramic coating, ive done all of my mythos black Audis with the stuff .. its crazy and keeps my car clean all times .. I find black the easiest to keep clean :) having self confessed OCD helps too :)

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan and Thundercliffe81
yeh all my own effort.. sad but true its part of my new car ritual.. its not mine until I clean and protect it.. I use dodo juice hybrid ceramic coating, ive done all of my mythos black Audis with the stuff .. its crazy and keeps my car clean all times .. I find black the easiest to keep clean :) having self confessed OCD helps too :)

Nice one. My Q5 is mythos and whilst I wouldn’t say the easiest to clean, ceramic does make it a lot easier and rainfall makes it look cleaner. Below was after quick wash:

950bddc407159ce1358838a034fb832c.jpg

Reactions: zippster and Scotty75
Reactions: zippster and NevMan
Thanks all for your comments and thanks q5man great colour q5 you have there :)

I’m an IT g33k by day but at weekends I like to unwind to a dam good polishing .. to be fair if you haven’t tried it dodojuice nano ceramic hybrid is excellent stuff and very very durable and above all easy to apply..

I do have a DA and I did cut first with dodo lime prime to remove any small Mars from the dealers valet guys (even though I asked to leave it!)

Took about 6 hours in Total last Saturday (15th and inc interior) with a lot of faffing and standing just looking at the thing..

And second coat (and standing and just looking at the thing) took approx 4 hours this Saturday gone... as I say I enjoy it.. and allows me to switch off and unplug from life for a little while..

The interior is lunar grey so I also sealed that with a leather sealer (forgot the name right now) and tested the water today by wearing new dark jeans on my way to work.

I’m a glutton for punishment so I’ve agreed to do my wife’s new mini clubman this weekend.. wish me luck! But i do like mythos black and I love this car!!! (And this forum!)

Cheers all

Reactions: Jimbob76, Scotty75, NevMan and 2 others
After a month of neglect thought I best give it a wash. Also, any recommendations for a decent wax? The Autoglym Aqua Wax i'm using at the moment is good for a quick shine but doesn't last more than about 2 weeks.

IMG 4669 2
IMG 4677 2
IMG 4683 2

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan, zippster and 1 other person
After a month of neglect thought I best give it a wash. Also, any recommendations for a decent wax? The Autoglym Aqua Wax i'm using at the moment is good for a quick shine but doesn't last more than about 2 weeks.

View attachment 166249 View attachment 166247 View attachment 166248

I like the aqua wax at the end of my wash routine. It's pretty decent actually. But I'm getting a full on ceramic coating in a week or so. Wondering if just investing in a high quality drying towel is an idea. The coating should give more than enough shine if washed properly.

Koch Chemie Quick shine is good mate. But again, if it's durability (length of effect) you're after then a good traditional wax maybe way for you. It's time consuming mind you.

Reactions: Jonnie
I like the aqua wax at the end of my wash routine. It's pretty decent actually. But I'm getting a full on ceramic coating in a week or so. Wondering if just investing in a high quality drying towel is an idea. The coating should give more than enough shine if washed properly.

Koch Chemie Quick shine is good mate. But again, if it's durability (length of effect) you're after then a good traditional wax maybe way for you. It's time consuming mind you.

I’ve been toying with the idea of getting the car ceramic coated too, but at this point it’s probably just throwing money down the drain on 5 year old stone chipped paint. Should have done it last year when Fran (FM Detailing) performed a miracle on my paint. It was an absolute disaster before.

Think I’ll just go for a traditional wax instead

Reactions: FranA3, NevMan, zippster and 1 other person
I’ve been toying with the idea of getting the car ceramic coated too, but at this point it’s probably just throwing money down the drain on 5 year old stone chipped paint. Should have done it last year when Fran (FM Detailing) performed a miracle on my paint. It was an absolute disaster before.

Yeah. Unless you're correcting the paint or getting it enhanced to a level you're happy with, there's no point. Swissvax is decent but expensive. Not had much experience with hard waxes. Chemical guys butter wax was easy to apply. I've been out the game a while so sure somebody else can better advise

Reactions: Jonnie

@FranA3 is a legend. He has coated both our cars

Reactions: Jonnie and FranA3

Mate, I wouldn't discount the idea of getting ceramic done. My A3 ( brilliant black ) is five years old and apart from a few stone chips is paint is in stunning condition through my hard work with a DA polisher.

The stone chips can be easily sorted out, I'm planning on using this stuff in the spring next year .....

https://www.drcolourchip.co.uk/about/video-demos/

I've watched a few videos of detailers using it and have to say it looks brilliant.

Once I've sorted the chips and am happy with the rest of my paint I'll be getting ceramic done. May even do it myself to be honest.

Even on a five year old motor , paint condition can really enhance the value of the car so may not be throwing money away at all , the more I can get for mine the better as it will be more towards the S3

Five year old paint .........
747d7568751dbbb23ae59965b9b6b70c.jpg
df29ee3164deaf0573f8f971039a085a.jpg
e53847218ec38c8b01144e9a97cca649.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 8 Sirocco using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06, Jonnie and NevMan
Looking stunning @Scotty75 , and completely agree that ceramic is not only for New. As you say, need to put the effort in (or get it done) to correct before applying.
You can so easily do the ceramic yourself now that you are adept at DA, which is the hardest part in my opinion.

Thanks for link, will take a look as always good to have stuff ready for stone chips

Reactions: Scotty75
Mate, I wouldn't discount the idea of getting ceramic done. My A3 ( brilliant black ) is five years old and apart from a few stone chips is paint is in stunning condition through my hard work with a DA polisher.

The stone chips can be easily sorted out, I'm planning on using this stuff in the spring next year .....

I've watched a few videos of detailers using it and have to say it looks brilliant.

Once I've sorted the chips and am happy with the rest of my paint I'll be getting ceramic done. May even do it myself to be honest.

Even on a five year old motor , paint condition can really enhance the value of the car so may not be throwing money away at all , the more I can get for mine the better as it will be more towards the S3

I'll sell you the Gyeon Syncro kit fit £60
I'll never use it, no point as it defeats the purpose of getting all my polishing kit

Didn't mean to imply its's throwing money down the drain on all cars over 5 years, more just my specific situation. Your paint does look like it's in incredible condition.

My paint is in fairly good condition for a 60k mile car, but I've got a scratch on my rear bumper that needs sorting, then I'd need to do something about the stone chips and the dodgy repair of stone chips by the previous owner, then have it detailed again to get rid of any fine marks that I wouldn't want to be sealed in with the ceramic coating, and then paying for the ceramic coating itself (no idea how much they are). I'd probably be looking at £750-1k to get everything sorted which is a bit much to spend on a car I'll probably only keep another year or so.

Will definitely be the first thing I do when I get a new car though.

I'll sell you the Gyeon Syncro kit fit £60
I'll never use it, no point as it defeats the purpose of getting all my polishing kit
but then coating never last forever anyway. You should use your syncro to coat for winter then job done mate, until winter takes toll and removes coating :icon thumright: Surely you would still use DA on other cars in household, plus if you get a scratch or swirl you would polish out (removing coating, and could then re-apply.

Reactions: Jassyo06