Changing S3 Drl Bulbs.

Doogie...

Reaction score
Apologies in advance for what is probably another question that has been answered countless times before but I've still to get to grips with the new forum layout and search function and it would save me time asking straight up on this thread what I need to know.

I'm looking at changing the DRL bulbs in my 2007 S3.

What do I need, i've read that I may need resistors?

What bulb is best, LED? What bulbs don't throw up errors?

And where is best to go bearing in mind price?? Ebay?

The stock bulbs just aren't cutting the mustard anymore. I've bought the canbus Sidelights and number plate lights so the lighting is looking fresher than stock but the DRL's let the side down.

Thanks, Dougie

Contact Trups on here, I got 20w LEDs which are error free, in hindsight I'd have gone for 50w but a straight swap and a quick VCDS change an job done :)

Reactions: Doogie...
The LED drls I has were great.. Very bright, although the ad on ebay said error free I still had to fit resistors in the engine bay

No need for resistors in your case. All you need to do is code the Bi-xenons with LED DRL in the central electrics by VCDS. After that the car will no longer throw an error when you use LED bulbs. Get some quality Cree bulbs though (Trups can be of assistance here), those cheapo SMD bulbs are not very durable.