The Joys Of Owning A 10 Year Old A3 Diesel

T

T8DPR

my car is a 53 plate (2004) 2.0tdi Sport in black

3 door, has full Votex kit (not sure if it was fitted at new) and the matching Audi Calera 18" alloys, not sure if its lowered but it doesn't look to sit as high as a standard sport at the rear

its had loads of stupid little issues, like limp turbo most recently (sorted with Forte, DAMN good stuff!) the driver's window dropped into the door and cost me £160 cos it was a little beyond me to fix myself, its needed 3 new calipers... soon enough I reckon the 4th will need doin, the front splitter looks like it has been removed and refitted with no attention to where the bonding glue was goin cos its everywhere, the paintwork isn't as nice as I'd like it, the alloys are fairly curbed (previous owner), and its CRAP in the snow

I've had it 2½ years now and I get bored of cars really easy, but I just wanted to say I really love it

I don't know if it's because I've spent a little more than I'd hoped in maintaining it over that time, but I don't wanna part with it, especially when its been freshly washed, showing all its blemishes in full glory lol

it might be just me who feels this way, but if its not, now you know you're not alone

before anyone asks, I know how obvious it is that I'm single!!

Reactions: antowens and sliced
I wondered if it was just me!

2004 2.0 TDI sport, it's had a turbo, radiator fans, EGR valve, coolant temp sensor, front coil spring. and that's all in the 2 years I've had it, the previous owner had to have a new aircon compressor, new windscreen, new radiator.

It's forever getting punctures and the tyres are so wide it really is pants in the snow!

Still love it though.

I was in exact same position last month!
But I sold it and I am happy I did.

I spent £££s every year on fixing it and it got to the point where I thought is it worth it?
I loved the car and I didn't really want to sell but my wife got a company car so I took her car (Golf) and sold the A3.

Now its gone I am happy all the hassle is gone but every time I see another A3 my heart sinks a little.