How Did You Arrange With Dealer For A Detailer To Attend?

tankclark

Reaction score
I'm planning on getting a new car prep done on mine however after speaking to my sales guy on the phone and getting the impression he either was miffed I hadn't given him commission for their autoglym rubbish, didn't understand what I wanted exactly or wasn't really a car nut and thought I was mad getting someone in to clean it when they have perfectly good valet guys on site :keule:

Anyway can people tell me how they arranged their detailers to attend? Do they come the day of collection ( estimate of 6-8 hours for my work) or do they come the day before collection?

Might be easier to take your car to the Detailers premises

This is what we did with our MINI JCW that we got new in September 2013. Instructed them not to wash it or prep the bodywork/interior in anyway. Even asked them not to put the no. plates on as I wanted to stick rather than screw them on

Car was filthy on collection, which I was more than happy about as it showed they'd followed my instructions

Snow foamed the car a couple of times when I got it home then off to the Detailer at his premises 2 days later

No pressure on the Detailer this way IMHO

Just a thought ...

Yeah that sounds good, my detailer has requested he attend the dealership though as that's what he prefers and from what I've been told by many many others who've had the same is that it's no problem but from the phone conversation I had with the dealer I get the impression they don't get it if you know what I mean. Wonder if it's best to go through the head of the dealership

Might be worth having a chat with the boss of the dealership like you say

If you got your new Audi detailed at the dealership, do you trust them not too touch it once the Pro-detailer has finished?
'We saw some dust on your new car Sir, so we thought we'd give it a quick wash for you before you collect it' - Does happen ... :keule::keule::keule:

Wouldn't suprise me bit I obow my guy knows his stuff and have witnessed his work on many occasions. Ill be bringing my swirl revealing light with me and any hint of a post wash will be met with a bill for the detailer.

the dealer won't be happy as this work is twice what their own "valeters" can do. you car will look the must nuts in the showroom and show up every car in there. lol

Lol, the problem I've had is that it is my one and only car so I can't afford to lose it to a detailer for even a day, therefore him visiting it the day before I pick it up is the only way. I would like to think after spending a couple of quid shy of £40,000 on an S3 they would like to keep me reasonably happy and not kick up a fuss, would hate an argument and toys being thrown out the pram to be my first introduction to Audi customer service as I was treated extremely well by BMW

hi guys check out abcdetailing on instagram and facebook they visited my local Watford Audi dealership to prep a sepang s5 spent all day there my sales guy told me they did an awesome job and all were impressed how awesome the car looked.

Those of you who have had a Detailer do a new car prep on their new 8V could you list prices please? I've been quoted £650 inc travel to dealership interior & paintwork.

Many thanks.

Reactions: DavidKing1987
Those of you who have had a Detailer do a new car prep on their new 8V could you list prices please? I've been quoted £650 inc travel to dealership interior & paintwork.

Many thanks.

Ouch! :eek:

I've been quoted £300 for a new car protection detail (paintwork, wheels, interior & under bonnet) using CarPro Cquartz glass coating products, BUT thats at the Detailers premises not the Dealers, which I prefer anyway :thumbs up:

The dealers don't usually call us, we get commissioned from the car owners to do it the day before or they bring the car to us within the first week

As for prices, a new car detail usually costs £300/£350

Cheers, I have been quoted £300 for inside and out protection detail, which includes a machine polish and then sealing Inside and out. Paintwork using the latest ceramic stuff, from Matt at THEMATTFINISH.
Matt said he prefers to visit dealers as it adds to the drive away in a perfectly prepped car finish, instead of driving out the showroom in a dusty swirled car and having to wait a week or so till it properly done and by then you've probably picked up that dreaded first chip

Oh it's always nice to do it at the dealers, and if they're nice enough to put it in the showroom after you see the difference a detail really makes compared to what the dealers do to them

Where are sed based tankclark? I had a detailer go in and prepare my car ready formy collection. It cost me £250 to have carpro quarts applied and the interior coated in g techniq. I also had my wheels etc done too. It took him about a day and a half. The dealership were very good about it and I didn't have any issues. I am quite fussy with things like that and I wanted my car perfectly ready before I collected it, I didn't want to get and take it the detailer still covered in its plastic wrapping!

If the salesman is not playing ball I would go to the sales manager and see how you get on, I would also make the point that when it comes to trading in your car you will remember the level of service you have received. Dealerships should be interested in return customers. I wouldn't hesitate going back to leeds owing to the service i received, in particular when dealing with the detailer.

Re price really depends if the car needs some correction carried out - Mine was extremely bad and was double what people have said in this thread but that did have liquid elements ceramic shield applied, with interior /full car detail etc.

Last edited:
Has anyone used a Detailer who has done the work at Coventry Audi? As this is the dealer supplying my car. I don't fancy asking the dealer who they recommend without seeing their work beforehand. For all I know they could just use their own valet guys.