A4 Avant 2010tow Bar Electrics

dave mason

Reaction score
Hi All
I've got a S Line 2010 Avant & want to add a tow bar.
I don't want to use the dedication loom, just crimp in the boot. Does anyone know the colours for the Audi lights indicators etc.? I know the colours for the 12N, it's just the Audi colours....
Hopefully someone will be able to help.... PF Jones don't support this enquiry
Thanks
Dave

Light Audi

Left indicator Black/Blue

Right Indicator Grey/White

Brake Black/Green

Fog Light Grey/White from roof

Reverse White/Black

Earth To screw with others

side light wires from the smart relay may not need to be connected depending on if the relay you are using

you'll need to run a wire from the n/s indicator across to the o/s as this is where all the wiring is done

Avant:
Removing Bumper

Remove boot floor.

Remove boot sides, disconnect 12v socket from right side.

Remove tie down hooks, pull up long side covers to reveal towbar mounting points.

Remove mud flaps if fitted.

Unscrew large plastic extended screw and remove light cluster each side.

Remove the grommets in panel in boot below light cluster to reveal 1 nut each side, remove nut taking care not to drop it inside.

Remove 3 fixings around wheel arch, 3 fixings on lower edge and one plastic pin hidden behind light cluster.

Unplug reversing sensor wire in right side compartment, it passes through a hole to bumper.

Pull bumper sides outwards from wheelarch and remove bumper, feed sensor wire out of hole.

Remove bumper beam and replace it with towbar.

Zafi

Many thanks for the info....

On the Audi...

What colour is left tail / side light to connect to Pin Number 7 ?
And what colour is the Right Tail / side Light to connect to Pin Number 5?

Thanks
Dave

The relay auto senses it from the brakelight wire. Modern cars use a single filament bulb and run it partial bright for rear light, full bright for brake. Same with LEDs.

ok thanks, so just wire 5 & 7 to the black/green on the Audi ?

No, leave those relay inputs disconnected. That was the case on mine anyhow!