8v Black Edition Possibility?

Lewbo

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone has ever read or heard Audi are going to release a black edition of the 8V, I'd be annoyed if they do release it just as we get ours early next year. Going from the 8P which came with
Led bi-xenons
Bose
Privacy glass
Black styling pack
Rotors
Which was just over £1k extra than a standard 8P

So my guess what would be extra on the 8V would be
Black styling pack
LED headlights
Privacy glass
B & O system
5 wing arm alloys
Which is an RRP of around £2.7k

All of which I've specced except the wheels so if they did release it for £1.3k extra lets say then I would be annoyed if I've just got one and paid that much more. If its later down the line like late 2015 then obviously it wouldn't bother me but if it was soon as we get ours I would be.

my last 2 audi's have been BE's. I like what they offer and would have been a strong contender in my current purchase if it was available. However, saying that, the colour choices available on the cars, Daytona Grey doesn't really suit the black styling pack in my opinion so I would have been stuck on car colour choices and by default would have had to be Mythos. I think they need to go with a new special wheel this time too.

[edit] I'm not a white car person but saying that, the last white car I had was a new 1998 Toyota MR2 GT-T bar, since then I've had 2 Silverstone grey S2000's, 4 black audi's and for 4 weeks a Grey-ish (forget the colour name?) A4 avant (didn't like it at all so traded it for a new 2012 S38P)

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt they'll add the LED lights or the 19" wheels and probably not even B&O (I'd definitely order one if they did!).

I think it'll be:
Black styling pack
18" Titanium alloys
Interior light pack

The old BE's had the Tech pack(equivalent) + BOSE/B&O so I can't see why they shouldn't offer the new BE's without them. Would be nice to see LED lights added to the BE spec. *** would not be worthy of BE spec imo, I would like to see:

Black styling pack (duh!) w/privacy glass
Tech Pack High with connect
B&O
19" BE spec alloys (all 3 body styles) (design to be limited to BE only)
LED headlights with interior light pack
Parking plus
ACC

(whatever the individual premium is? but BE spec reduced by ~40%)

how's that look?

The A1 was launched 12 months I think before the Black Edition was out so it's well overdue (if) it's coming to the A3

The old BE's had the Tech pack(equivalent) + BOSE/B&O so I can't see why they shouldn't offer the new BE's without them. Would be nice to see LED lights added to the BE spec. *** would not be worthy of BE spec imo, I would like to see:

Black styling pack (duh!) w/privacy glass
Tech Pack High with connect
B&O
19" BE spec alloys (all 3 body styles) (design to be limited to BE only)
LED headlights with interior light pack
Parking plus
ACC

(whatever the individual premium is? but BE spec reduced by ~40%)

how's that look?
I like your optimism MP! :thumbs up:

From memory the 8P black edition included xenons, 18" rotors, privacy glass, Bose and black inlays. Don't think the tech pack was included?