Been Lying Low!

BigGreg

Reaction score
Been away from for a few months but I'm back. Just ordered and RS style grill and LED pack from T8ups, so committed again to the car. Was not sure about keeping it especially after messing about with a tuning box for six weeks, before giving up and getting a refund. But suddenly found I was enjoying driving it and was getting used to the snugness of the driving position (there is a reason they call me BigGreg). So look out for some pics when I get everything fitted. How I've missed you all!

Reactions: Sandra and benjie
Hi greg, welcome back. Glad you happy with the car again. :) x

Reactions: BigGreg
Been away from for a few months but I'm back. Just ordered and RS style grill and LED pack from T8ups, so committed again to the car. Was not sure about keeping it especially after messing about with a tuning box for six weeks, before giving up and getting a refund. But suddenly found I was enjoying driving it and was getting used to the snugness of the driving position (there is a reason they call me BigGreg). So look out for some pics when I get everything fitted. How I've missed you all!

Welcome back mate look forward to seeing your progress any pics of the car

What tuning box did you have i have had trouble with mine of late

Ant.

I went the tdi tuning multi channel route. I went through five boxes and no matter what setting I was on I got my coil light flash on at 4k revs when pegging it. Gradual acceleration was fine but that's not why I bought it. So had a month of warning lights then drew a line under it and got my money back. I have to say they were decent about the whole thing and tried to sort a better map for me but it just kept happening.

Might try again with another manufacturer or get a re-map, but as I have just bought four tyres, a new grill and some new led lights don't think I will be spending much more on it for a bit for a bit.

What was wrong with your box?

Ant.

I went the tdi tuning multi channel route. I went through five boxes and no matter what setting I was on I got my coil light flash on at 4k revs when pegging it. Gradual acceleration was fine but that's not why I bought it. So had a month of warning lights then drew a line under it and got my money back. I have to say they were decent about the whole thing and tried to sort a better map for me but it just kept happening.

Might try again with another manufacturer or get a re-map, but as I have just bought four tyres, a new grill and some new led lights don't think I will be spending much more on it for a bit for a bit.

What was wrong with your box?

Sorry to hear you had problems with the box Greg ... and welcome back :)

Reactions: BigGreg