Jenno's S3 - Progress Thread

Jenno007

Reaction score
I've always felt bad starting a new thread for every issue or problem I come across. I have wanted to start a build thread for a while but have never had enough going on to do so... But now I have quite a few parts on the way so I figure I have to start somewhere...

I have bought a 2002 BAM S3 that has done 160,000KMs (~100,000 miles).

I current want to tidy the car up and do maintenance before I go on my quest for more power.

I've spent almost an entire weekend prepping and polishing the outside. Here is a progress pic.
Kkj629y.jpg

And a couple of after shots..
(with my other toy in the background)
39yla3D.jpg

UZhWOTL.jpg

In the mix I currently have the following on the way:

Silicon brake vacuum lines
Silicon carbon canister hoses
Silicone DV & N75 hoses
Silicone TIP
Yellow dog bone powerflex engine mount
Catch Can & all other parts for PVC delete

My question to you is, what other mods should I be doing to get the most out of my car. What would you start to replace/upgrade next? I want to do mods that will make the car more reliable if I choose to chase more power in the future and mods that will make the car more enjoyable to drive.

Get it mapped!

All in good time, want to make sure it's reliable first!

TIP, DV and CTS arrived today, will be fitting it all on the weekend. I'll be sure to take some pictures, hopefully the TIP isn't too bad to get on.

My brake pedal has a bit of travel so I'm thinking of upgrading to some decent pads and fluid. With a car that has done as many miles as mine, would it be wise to upgrade any other parts of the braking system, lines or new disks for example?

After viewing other threads I'm thinking of going with ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid and DS2500 pads. I cannot find anywhere online that will sell the front DS2500 pads for the S3. If anyone could link me to somewhere I can purchase them that would be great! Also how much fluid do I need? Is 1L enough?

I'll also be purchasing a Gunson LSR40 Eezibleed to bleed the brakes (never done it before should be interesting). Do I need any other tools?

Had a very busy weekend!

Had some new goodies arrive during the week. This included a catch can and silicone TIP

Catch can:
vCLzheG.jpg

TIP and new OEM DV:
jtU1UDe.jpg

Also needed a new CTS:
Y4mfX4q.jpg

A look at the standard engine bay (aside from N249 delete):
QcEMeE7.jpg

A look at the HUGE turbo:
xClnJRY.jpg

Engine bay after:
Wq3P0e4.jpg

Close up of the catch can (was a bitch to fit in place, and make a bracket for):
LZvLLNY.jpg

Now my reverse light is still not working, I think it is the switch so I have ordered a new one.

I've got new brake fluid on the way, but I still need to order new pads.

I am thinking ds2500's on the front and just something cheap on the back (as the front does most of the braking). Although, in saying that I cannot find the ds2500's cheaper than 150 pounds (not including shipping to Australia). Are there any cheaper alternatives that will work nearly as well? I don't want to be a cheap skate on something like brakes but I try to save money where I can.

Then I'm going to get engine mounts, my haldex fixed (it is locked on and I cannot fix it myself), then REMAP TIME :D!