Mi-witness & Car Insurance

newbieboyy

Reaction score
Does anyone have one of these and have they received a discount on there insurance?

I have been toying with the front and rear camera set up and the website mentions that insurance discounts are available with it. I'm off on holiday soon and would be interested to see just how my car is treated by the car park people when it is parked up (Given that last time, they hooned it off right in front of me).

Didn't know if anyone had received a discount off there insurance with one (namely through the likes of Chris Knott etc.

I know this is a late reply, but hey...

I wouldn't say anything about a dashcam to an insurance company, if you do and for whatever reason it's not turned on or working, technically you would be driving without insurance.

Secondly, if you have an accident or claim, the insurance company will REQUIRE to see the footage of the accident - otherwise will potentially not pay out or void your insurance.

These are just the warnings i was given when i was considering it :)

I declared mine and got a £75 discount the first time, now its just listed as an added modification, and I use Chris Knott so got cheaper insurance anyway.
Its not compulsory to your policy to have one fitted, its for your benefit in the event of an accident to show who was at fault, I can't see it invalidating your insurance if you didn't have the footage, but it will definitely help in proving who was at fault, just as much as having an independent witness.

If someone was to break into your car to steal it how would you claim if you haven't told them its there? After all, its an expensive electronic device left in open view.