Thinking Of Ordering....

A3Kent

Reaction score
I've been using Carwow to get my price and Maidstone Audi have been very competitive, offering a 11% discount on this specification:

Audi A3 2.0 TDI 184 S Line 5dr Diesel Hatchback
Privacy glass
Black Styling Pack
18" Titanium Alloys
Black roof rails
Pearl - Daytona grey
Advanced key
Electric adjustable heated foldable door mirrors
Audi Parking System Plus
S line sports suspension
Bang + Olufsen advanced sound system
Perforated alcantara/leather - Black
Hill hold assist
Comfort pack - A3
Interior light pack - A3 Hatchback/Sportback/Cabriolet
Technology pack with mobile telephone preparation high - A3

I am going to go and test drive an A3 S-Line 184 on Sunday but it's only a 3 door version unfortunately. Can I assume the driving position and the setup of everything in the front is the same as the Sportback? Obviously the doors will be bigger. I really just want to test the 184 PS diesel engine in S-line specification and also want to make sure I'm happy with the seating position as I'm 6.5" and at the moment in my current A3 8P, my left leg sits against the triangular shape thing around near the gear knob so my leg is very close to touching the steering wheel. I want to get away from this as it annoys me!

Thanks

Also, I've never done PCP before. Do you pay the deposit when you setup the order initially? Or can it be paid when the car arrives and is ready collect?

Thanks

Also, I've never done PCP before. Do you pay the deposit when you setup the order initially? Or can it be paid when the car arrives and is ready collect?

I payed some when I ordered and some when I picked the car up.

Reactions: A3Kent
£500 down when ordering with credit or debit card.
Remainder of the upfront payment when collecting the car, on debit card or cash.

Reactions: A3Kent
Thanks chaps. I had a panic on that I didn't have enough of the deposit I planned to put down as I've still got to sell my A3! :)

Reactions: RYuill
Is it a manual or stronic you're looking at?

Is it a manual or stronic you're looking at?

Manual mate. I've had s-tronic before but prefer the manual. If I did more motorway miles I'd probably have the s-tronic

Manual mate. I've had s-tronic before but prefer the manual. If I did more motorway miles I'd probably have the s-tronic
Same as me, but I always feel that I would go auto if I did a lot of town or city driving.

I would always recommend adding the electrically adjustable lumbar support option. Without it, there is NO lumbar support, not even a manual one, plus you get it on both front seats.

Also, Audi don't do the 184 PS Diesel with S-tronic. If I went for the Quattro version then I could but that's another £3K on top :(

With all them options just get an S3 already!

When you order you pay a deposit; 500 or 1000 then the remaining deposit is paid nearer to collection and the rest through PCP until the final value is due. So if you choose to deposit 5k on PCP and paid 500, you would give 4.5k on or near collection.

I'm 6ft3, in the 8P TDI I had plenty of space, once saw a near 28 stone 6ft5 guy get in and out of one, bit of a struggle but he was ok. When I test drove the S3 it was just the right fit for me, I think you will be fine. Just push the seat right down and the steering wheel up, you shouldn't hit it then, you may be close though. The way I test it is see if you can brake without your knee touching the steering wheel, even if its close its ok as long as it doesn't touch!

As said elsewhere, the S3 isn't for me with the amount of miles I do. I'll be at the petrol station every 5 days or so.

OK, i'll be trying it out on Sunday. Do you know if the front of the 3dr cockpit is the same as the Sportback?