Fuel Pump Problem/relay Location

JaCkPoT

Reaction score
Hi there I have a 2006 A3 1.6FSi and recently I have encountered some problems with my fuel pump.

Vcds shows fault code (19495/)p3089(/012425)

I have purchased a replacement fuel pump and the control module but for the life of me cannot find where the relay is.. I have yet to install either but I want to test the relay before changing my original pump and module..

If anyone can help me it will be much appreciated..thanks

does no one google anymore ?

In order to avoid responses like that, I have been googling away for the last 11/12 days and I've driven a fair few miles to source a replacement fuel pump from another 1.6fsi etc so I think it's unfair to assume this had been my first port of call, I can send you a lot of screenshots of my search history and it will be clean lol

I've even been researching mk5 golf forums as I've been really unsuccessful in finding the cause or solution to my problem, or where the fuel relay is! If anyone can help, please do, once I have finished typing this, I'm going to put the replacement pump in! Thanks

1. Let's call my old fuel pump A, the new one B, the old module 1 and the new one 2
I have changed the fuel pump and module, I have tried combinations A1, A2, B1 and B2 and problem persists... So I'm guessing from my research, if it's not the relay which I still can't find, it could be the ignition switch or even the ECU?