12v Power Oultet in Boot

Addison Audi

Reaction score
Hi all, I wish to add a 12v socket into my boot, but I want it to look OEM. From what I understand the boot 12v socket came as part of the luggage pack. Has anyone got a picture of the 12v socket in the boot of there A3, or the part number? As I cant find it anywhere! Thanks

Here is a pic of the 12v power socket factory fitted in my car.

Boot 12v

Hi thanks to all for your help! Im after the "pop out" type socket. Paul is that really factory fitted? I thought factory fitted where the pop out type.

Yes factory fitted to my Sportback RS3. The small net is part of the luggage pack.

The sockets are different on 3 and 5 door A3s, the 3 door has the 'pop out' type where as the 5 door has the flapped version.
I have retrofitted the boot socket on mine and as mine a sportback i have the flappy one:

IMG_9038.jpg

Hi again all, Ash thanks for that I was getting confused about that! I am looking for the pop out type from a 3 door then, thus anyone know where I can get or have a picture of it in there a3? Thanks

The one above! It just has a blanking plug that you need not fit if you don't need it, or do you need the actual cigarette lighter part?

Hi Fangio, thats not the part Im after, Im looking for the flip/pop out piece itself

Thats the one! Thanks ash! Does anyone have any idea if it just pops into a hole or do I need some form of mounting and also even though my A3 doesnt have the luggage pack would the wiring be in the boot ready?! Thanks

more than likely you won't have the wiring and will need to run wiring to the fuse box.
it would need to have a hole cut into the carpet and just pushed in... the factory version comes with a side panel with the socket already attached. its pretty easy but running the wiring is a PITA.

Looks good ash! Thanks for your help! Do I need a block connector to go into the back?

Hello Ash. I've run the wire from boot socket to front of the car to the fuse box. I have the repair wire but where zhoud I connect it in order to have fuse no26 working for boot socket?

Would that flip socket fit in place of the front socket of the car?