RNS-e mk2 latest software

Dave@remaps

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I does anyone know what the latest software is for the mk2 rns-e? As mine is sw 220 and would like to get sds working on it.

0220 is the latest but you need modded f/w
Downgrade to 0150 then back to 0220 modded firmware

0220 is the latest but you need modded f/w
Downgrade to 0150 then back to 0220 modded firmware
Do you know where i can get it from brought the rns-e off ebay and 220 was already on it
Cheers

Pic as promised

Attachments

• 1412339906589.jpg
    1412339906589.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3,042
No dont have that on there spoke to company i brought it off and they said they can do it for 50 quid so il send it back to them

cheers for all your help

Have you got a vcds cable? If so you can do it

Yeah got vcds cable but theres nothing to enable it on there it doesnt even list sds in coding or anything on any module

It a 193g and according to company i brought it from its gotta have hardwear change or some crap like that iv got phone on there just nothing else

do an auto scan of all of it just delete your vin number out of the logs mate

Mine is also a G and ive got it all working, so, language needs to be changed with the VCDS, can't remember exactly where though but think its in the radio or nav settings. Do a search on here for the coding there are some really good posts on here for it. Hardware change is probably rewiring the mic so the head unit can hear what you're saying, again lots of good info on how to do this and I posted a diagram recently showing how to do this. The antenna upgrade is required, , again great post on here about it and if you look at my past posts you'll find a couple that link to all these other posts :). If you do to antenna upgrade I've got a lower booster available if you're interested.

It does help but I guess FM signal is just not that great round my way as is still get a bit of a rubbish signal until I've travel into less rural areas but it is better and does clear the error.

Yeah I just wanna clear the error lol, done the hha mod earlier gonna do tpms tomorrow

Tried changing voice language it just reverts back to german when restarted

you need to post your logs buddy , where you based?

Did you downgrade the firmware to 150 first then upgrade to 220? Did you see the unit updating on the screen? I only ask as the units can be very sensitive to the CDs and the they are burned.

Watford
heres whats been done so far as getting confusing
sortware update with sds - no menu in nav options still
code voice command to go through rns-e ptt button does nothing after
code steering wheel up to rns-e ptt button does nothing
voice command language in adaption on rns-e will not change from german
the only thing i havent done is wire up mic as dont want to lose telephone functions till i know sds is enabled

i spend 6 days a week working on cars there not new to me but this is bugging me and for sake of 50 quid and seller telling me satnav has got to be altered on a bench by hardwear is making me think this cant be done with discs

Yeah downgraded to 150 update bar on screen and then upgraded with software from that link update bar on screen again

Not sure, my came from eBay but don't think it was nodded. Came with 220 on it but not the nodded SDS version. I'm pretty sure with the G version this is just firmware.

Yes, mine showed x too. Then added 220 and it showed 220, changed language in module and rest of VCDS coding and the PTT button worked but it couldn't hear my commands until I rewired the mic

see if I do all that ptt button does nothing but the 220 is exactly same as before I have no speech dialog in settings menu on nav

Software us good, hollow has been a top bloke in sourcing and sharing it and it seems to have worked for a couple of us. Might be worth trying the down/up grade again and seeing if that helps :)

yeah im just about to lol
this has taken longer than it does for me to remap a car haha and more hassle