Scumbags

Stronic

Reaction score
Hi all,whilst I was at work today I received a phone call from my wife telling me that two men had tried to kick open my front door.,they obviously didn't realise she was home because as she ran towards the door they scarpered. The police think they were after the car key, so I think we should all hide our keys

The pros and cons of hiding your keys has been discussed before.
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/index.php?threads/213243/
Personally I'd never "hide" my keys. Best to leave them downstairs. Whist leaving within coat hangers reach of the front door might not be ideal, I'd prefer that than someone breaking in and trashing my house.

This is why a) have a german shepherd it kind of puts ppl off

This is why a) have a german shepherd it kind of puts ppl off

Amen to that, we wouldn't be without ours. She's soft but anyone trying to break in wouldn't know that.

All my keys (house, garage, ground anchor, car, van, etc) are always kept in a discrete lockable "unit".
If someone breaks in when I'm not there they'll never get them.
If they attempted it at night it would be impossible without (a) waking the whole street and (b) getting past me as I'd already be waiting for them/him with a carefully selected collection of objects.
I'm not making it easy for anyone, it's not in my nature

And if all else fails my Westie will scare them away haha.

Reactions: Pulp84
That is so scary but I'm not sure that a German shepherd would be any use :confused: I think Id' rather get a dog ;)
Cioban la oi cm 1 300x208

Reactions: Cruiser89, steeve, voorhees and 4 others
Bahahahahahahaha bahahahahahahahaBahahahahahahaha bahahahahahahaha

Personally I think if someone decides to break the law they should have no rights and like America you can protect yourself and your family. Set booby traps and have a trained machine gun or similar.
I know the arguments for both sides and I don't see why some scum thinks they're entitled to what you own. Oh what a very different and fair Britain it would be if I were prime minister.

Reactions: Blackwhite and Phil-1
Blimey, where have all the rednecks suddenly come from. Thank god we live, I hope, in a more tolerant society....

Last edited:
A mate of mine had his house broken into whilst he was in bed with his wife, his two kids were also in the house in another room fast asleep.He wasn't bothered about going down the stairs as his main priority was the safety of his kids and wife, after a few minutes the scum bag burglar decided it was an easy job so thought he'd move upstairs!!! My mate who is an ex-Para kicked the living daylights out of him! A couple of very understanding policemen soon came and took the guy away....now that's justice :)

No matter how hard your are, or how well trained you are -

If you are woken up with the sight of a burglar holding a knife to your kids throat - you'd gladly hand over the keys to your car.

No matter how hard your are, or how well trained you are -

If you are woken up with the sight of a burglar holding a knife to your kids throat - you'd gladly hand over the keys to your car.

That's where the booby traps come in.

Easy for me to say living in rural Europe somewhere but it is merely metal and plastic. If somebody is that intent on taking it (where they could cause harm to living things) then just give it to them cause if you defend yourself they will simply come back with more people and/or more intent, claim on your insurance (which is why you have it) and buy another one. I never get this idea of getting so tied in to the 'pride and joy' concept, the car has no emotion and doesn't care about you. It is simply metal and plastic and a wee bit of ruuber.

Saying that if I catch somebody I would have something to say about it

Im a gunowner, so good luck to the burglars ;)

My keys are in a bowl in the kitchen, out of reach, but easy to find

I think making it as difficult as possible without turning your property into looking like a high security jail is the key.
Proximity lights,proximity alarms which are independent,camera's,aftermarket alarm as Audi ones are generally pants.
I can use my Revo serial port switch to immobilise the car so the only way they are taking it is on a flatbed.

It's a difficult question isn't it?
My keys are in the kitchen in a drawer but garage and house are alarmed and are set when we are out and at night. I don't think our Persian cat would be much use, but she doesn't like strangers!
I've often thought about a secure place for the keys but need them to be easily accessible.

i take my keys to bed with me with a nicely sharpened machette next to my bed for also living in a house with two other men helps to multitude of things at very close reach when in bed

This may get ****** :box:

also living in a house with two other men helps to multitude of things at very close reach when in bed

Have I stumbled into the wrong forum ?! :p

Reactions: nadsi77, Martinbanshee, antowens and 3 others
I keep my keys on me at all times, even when I'm in bed they are next to me! I have a gas powered air pistol which if needed will get used and cause some damage! There are some sick individuals in today's world!

come round and find out ;) hahaha other men being my dad and brother hahaha

Ant, that was just so funny, i nearly choked on my coffee. :) x

Reactions: antowens and Ceho
A mate of mine had his house broken into whilst he was in bed with his wife, his two kids were also in the house in another room fast asleep.He wasn't bothered about going down the stairs as his main priority was the safety of his kids and wife, after a few minutes the scum bag burglar decided it was an easy job so thought he'd move upstairs!!! My mate who is an ex-Para kicked the living daylights out of him! A couple of very understanding policemen soon came and took the guy away....now that's justice :)

Shame I live in a bungalow! Although having a gsd we do tend to sleep peacefully!

I've a key from a previous Audi, couldn't find it for the life of me when selling the car.

So I leave that where it can be found, obv it won't work! The scum will then hopefully move on, or end up having a word with Mr baseball bat!

I've a key from a previous Audi, couldn't find it for the life of me when selling the car.

So I leave that where it can be found, obv it won't work! The scum will then hopefully move on, or end up having a word with Mr baseball bat!