19" wheels

Allyw

Reaction score
Just checked the S3 brochure online and after being told 19" wheels were not available for the 3 door by Audi UK , I find them in the new brochure , only problem pick up the car on Friday

Yes they are in the brochure now but they are horrible.

Plus you need to get mag ride to have those wheels - £2k for 19"s ? They are having a laugh.

Reactions: Louay
Just checked the S3 brochure online and after being told 19" wheels were not available for the 3 door by Audi UK , I find them in the new brochure , only problem pick up the car on Friday

Personally I think they fit the car better than the standards but it's a personal choice and if it's something you want you should raise it with your Audi Stealer.
The standards look far too aggressive for a car which isn't overstating its aggression.

Can't you get hold of any saloon 19s they're the same as the 18s only abit bigger

19" wheels look great, but after having them on a TTS I now prefer the standard size wheels for general comfort, for me it just spoils the ride on UK roads.

Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3
BTW they are the 5 arm wing design 19's if anyone's interested :thumbs up:

The 19" wing design are the first shared wheel between the A3 saloon and the 3dr/sportback (e.g all the 18" wheels on the saloon are 8J rather than 7.5J on the 3dr/Sportback)

A friend has the 19" wing wheels on an A3 Saloon with sports suspension and it rides well and look great. If they were available on the Sportback I would have gone for them, was surprised to see that they were not an option on the non saloon S3 (until now).

I noticed this update too, but having to add mag ride is just a joke! For the money you can get decent after markets and even some new springs.

19s are rough on the ride though, speaking from an 8P A3. For day to day 18's are fine.

Noticed on the Audi USA site they charge $1500 (around £940) for the mag ride and 19's on the S3 saloon

& American buyers of the S3 saloon, can spec body coloured exterior mirror housings at no extra cost, not that I can understand why you would :think:

Clearly Audi are trying to limit the amount of 19's by putting ridiculous things like compulsory mag ride. I've got some 19's from my TT which I'm going to keep and put on as summer wheels, they cost me £1.5k with new tyres, fully dipped and powder coated. Just buy OEM used or aftermarket new IMHO.

One of the reasons for making Mag Ride a "must have" option when spec'ing 19" is to do with ride quality.

In comfort mode, the suspension is far better suited/able to deal with the harder/harsher ride that results of putting 19's on.

I've got 19s on my a3 and honestly the ride isn't much different. I've never once felt like I'd wished I never got 19s

Reactions: monopole
Saloon and hatchback wheels are not interchangeable - the offset is different.

Saloon and hatchback wheels are not interchangeable - the offset is different.
I can't imagine the difference is enough to say the saloon wheels won't fit on the hatch

Reactions: naughts4187
Oh they'll likely fit but will stick out a bit :)

I had 19x8.5 et 45 on the front and 19x9.5 et 40 on the rear and only the rears poked out and not even by that much. Standard 19s should be fine since the standard wheels are only 7.5j there's loads of room

Reactions: naughts4187
Should be fine on an 8.5 with ET40+, will fill the arch nicely without the need for spacers.