Tasteful mods?

Goldenballs

Reaction score
Hello all,

Bought my first car/A3 at Easter and have been browsing these forums for information/tips/mods etc.

Was wondering on everyone's opinion for any tasteful mods that I could do to my car. It's a 2.0TFSI s line special edition, and being 21, engine mods have a large impact on insurance at the moment so I'm holding back on them for now. But open to cosmetic ideas :)

Lots you can do to these cosmetically. You could go for the full S3 kit, front bumper/grill/rear bumper/sideskirts/alu mirrors etc (just make sure not to put an S3 badge on it though)

Led lights give it a nice touch. could invest in some for all the interior and exterior for less than £20.

There is also a replica RS3 grill on the market that fits straight on these so that might be worth thinking about.

Wind deflectors?

Window tints?

MY09 lights?

De-badge?

Re-furb and paint Brakes?

Lots you can do if you don't want to worry your insurer.

Get searching the forum and looking at peoples cars.. Thats the best way. Take ideas from different places and try and make them unique on your own car.

All that and if you can afford to... Lowering springs/coilovers and some spacers help to achieve some "stance" (hate using that word) plays a huge part in a way a car looks on the road.

Last edited:
Reactions: RS3dan and dannyAshcroft89
That's a sweet looking and clean A3 you have there!

Something simple like getting pressed metal number plates will set things off and is very cheap and easy.

I think ultimately, it's up to you to make a car, your own. Like doogie said though, there's lots of ideas on this and other forums. You just have to look at a few photos threads.

I'd like to think of mine being subtle so take a look through my thread.

But my09 lights is a nice one, de wiper, pressed plates and having it dropped makes a huge difference to the overall cleanliness/smoothness

That's a sweet looking and clean A3 you have there

Thank you! pressed plates and the LED's are on my to do list. How much (roughly) are we talking for a bit of lowering? It was something I thought it could do with. I'll have a hunt round for ideas as well as typical things that get done. Are the my09 lights a straight swap then?

Lads i think the lad might have done all cosmetic mods plus engine as the post id 8yrs old .Sooty thought you would have seen that lol

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk