1st time Audi - just ordered an S3

jaypers777

Reaction score
Been weighing this up for about 9 months, and after having a demo S3 for the day on Friday and securing the deal I was after, my order is in. Guess it's a mid-life crisis car for me, being 50, but it ticks all the boxes of being semi-practical and also a fun car to drive. Gone for Glacier White with Tech pack, super sports seats, dark alloys, black styling plus a few other features.

Thinking about the pros and cons of tracker, but think that would be worth it on such a car. Reading the threads here with interest. Appreciate any top tips for my new purchase, which is about 3 months away!

TIA

Reactions: A3_Rider
:welcome!: To ASN!

I'm assuming as you've only got a 3 month wait, that your new :s3addict: is a hatchback or a sportback :think:

Think about us poor :s3addict: saloon 'waiters' :(

Sorry, should have been more specific.....it's one of the options -
18” x 7.5J ‘10-spoke’ design titanium matt alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres

Yes, hatchback. To say I'm excited at the prospect is an understatement.

Welcome to the forum, nice spec, do you get reversing sensors and cruise? Two well used features.

Hi Steeve. I went for the parking sensors and also a reversing camera. Also b&o sound system. Didn't opt for cruise control as I never use it on my current car.

Making me feel young, 43 and I thought I was having a crisis lol. They told me that my 3 door will be getting built in January for March delivery.

Welcome to the forum! I started my Mid Life at 41 and I am still having one :)
41 - Bleached Hair Silver blond at....
45 - Golf GTi at
47 - Audi TT
48 - Divorced
49 Audi TTS
51 Audi S3 8V and have a way younger girlfriend :0 ;)

Reactions: Sandra and RYuill
I just went to my dealer today and test drove an RSQ3 and decide SUV is not for me, its gotta be an S3. Sat in an 3 door, S line which he said is very similar to the S3 inside as far as seats, door trims and dash go. I didn't like the big heavy doors so it would be Sportback. I'm also thinking white with Tech pack, necessary to get all the MMI functions, supersports seats.
What is black styling, is it what used to be called piano black on RS's?

One question, salesman said order now for March delivery, I can't believe that especially as OP said 3 mths, it doesn't take 2 months to get from the docks either?

Welcome to the forum! I started my Mid Life at 41 and I am still having one :)
41 - Bleached Hair Silver blond at....
45 - Golf GTi at
47 - Audi TT
48 - Divorced
49 Audi TTS
51 Audi S3 8V and have a way younger girlfriend :0 ;)

52 - Unbleach hair :):whistle2:

I just went to my dealer today and test drove an RSQ3 and decide SUV is not for me, its gotta be an S3. Sat in an 3 door, S line which he said is very similar to the S3 inside as far as seats, door trims and dash go. I didn't like the big heavy doors so it would be Sportback. I'm also thinking white with Tech pack, necessary to get all the MMI functions, supersports seats.
What is black styling, is it what used to be called piano black on RS's?

One question, salesman said order now for March delivery, I can't believe that especially as OP said 3 mths, it doesn't take 2 months to get from the docks either?
I test drove both the RSQ3 and S3 at the Audi Sport Showcase event and enjoyed both but liked the updated gadgetry and interior in the S3.

Welcome.

I've toyed about the tracker, unless insurance force you I wouldn't bother.

Just be sure to get GAP.