Modified S3 engine covers

Dippy226

Reaction score
Hi guys just bought a forge twin take. I've heard of people modifying engine covers to suit there induction kits. Anyone got photos??? Or can your buy them anywhere thanks

My blog has pictures of a second hand cover I modified to fit. If you can't see my signature here's the picture

audi_s3_8p_engine_cover.jpg

That's my revo intake with tts cover sprayed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,040
My blog has pictures of a second hand cover I modified to fit. If you can't see my signature here's the picture

audi_s3_8p_engine_cover.jpg

That looks really smart!! Was it a pain to do or just a case of taking your time?

Just be patient and trim a bit at a time. The hardest part was trimming the rear whilst keeping the back mounting points. This is where my dremel came in very handy.

audi_s3_8p_black_covers.jpg

Anyone want to donate me one so I can have a practice before doing mine lol.

Straight fit just order the ttrs cover with longer mounting bolts you will get the part number on here or as there's a post on it somewhere then I got grey primer from halfords and satin black both spray cans the Audi badge section unclips aswell so prime it spray it and then click the part back on done fits on perfect I've also got the r8 oil cap to finish it off

2010 S3 with TTS engine cover while running Unitronic Intake
c8edd205a82674797ddf9cafe598beb4.jpg

That's cool I've just got my twin take fitted tonight. Just need to get a engine cover

Hi, i got forge as well, i did try to mod & chop original cover but looked s***e so bought tts cover sprayed it black n job done, cost i think 98£ from audi, hope this helps ;)

Attachments

• DSC_0130.JPG
    DSC_0130.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 1,358
  • DSC_0131.JPG
    DSC_0131.JPG
    967.8 KB · Views: 1,477
  • DSC_0132.JPG
    DSC_0132.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 882
  • DSC_0133.JPG
    DSC_0133.JPG
    1,018.4 KB · Views: 1,149
Reactions: Richie pikka
Hi, i got forge as well, i did try to mod & chop original cover but looked s***e so bought tts cover sprayed it black n job done, cost i think 98£ from audi, hope this helps ;)

Looks awesome mate.
Why have you not used the cold air feed for behind the head light???

thx, cos it made horrible darth vader sound + i couldn't c the point of it, now i got it connected to front fog light grill where it gets plenty of cold air, so i got 2 front facing air intakes ;)

Attachments

• DSC_0017.JPG
    DSC_0017.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 856
  • DSC_0019.JPG
    DSC_0019.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,020
  • DSC_0021.JPG
    DSC_0021.JPG
    553.7 KB · Views: 843
  • DSC_0024.JPG
    DSC_0024.JPG
    789.2 KB · Views: 1,158
Straight fit just order the ttrs cover with longer mounting bolts you will get the part number on here or as there's a post on it somewhere then I got grey primer from halfords and satin black both spray cans the Audi badge section unclips aswell so prime it spray it and then click the part back on done fits on perfect I've also got the r8 oil cap to finish it off

Part Numbers

TTS cover + 2 long screws and 1 bolt
1 x Engine Cover - 06F 103 925J
1 x Short Lug - 06E 103 164
2 x Long Lug - WHT 000 731A

Reactions: lucky_bob
Dropped my engine cover of at legands body shop yesterday getting mine done in all black ! :)

Wish I hadn't started this thread I'm off work with a broken leg and can't even afford the cover because I'm on sick pay can't wait to get one ordered and R8 oil cap

Get the forge caps :) can get all three then. Oil cap ,water cap and screen wash cap all in black :)

Reactions: Dippy226
ebay,i think shop was called xenonz, there is few people on here who has rs grills from them, i paid about 220 would recommend cos propa audi rs grills go 4 silly money + u need to cut holes for air intake as far as i know, might be wrong :think: