I've ordered my S3 Sportback!

RedTurtle

I floop the pig
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
tablesawz.com
I went for my second test drive today armed with various quotes from brokers and other Audi dealers. The test drive was fantastic, i tried to get the chap to show me launch control… he failed!

Although Bristol Audi couldn’t match the lowest quote i had, they got extremely close. So as they are my local dealer i completed my order and finance agreement for a new Audi S3 5 Door Sportback! I left the dealership rather indifferent, it hasn’t sunk in yet that i’ve bought this amazing vehicle, it’s due April 2015 so that doesn’t help! Apparently all good things come to those that wait…!

I’ve spent the last 2 weeks contacting brokers and audi dealers as well as contacting people i know who are in the business trying to get the lowest price possible, i ended up getting 4.5k off, which worked out around 10% i think.

My spec so i am told is extensive:

Car:
  • Audi S3 5Door Sportback TFSI quattro S-tronic
  • Panther Black (currently)
Options:
  • Bang + Olufsen sound system
  • Electric adjustable heated foldable/dimming door mirrors
  • Fine nappa leather - Black + Super sports seats
  • Hill hold assist
  • LED Headlights
  • Light and rain sensor pack with auto dimming rear view mirror
  • Panoramic glass sunroof
  • Pre sense basic
  • Rear side airbags
  • Reversing Camera
  • Advanced key
  • Audi magnetic ride
  • Black styling pack
  • Driver assistance pack
  • Extended interior elements mono.pur
  • High beam assistant
  • Interior light pack
  • Non smoking pack
  • Privacy glass
  • Reversible boot mat
  • Technology Pack with Phone Prep high
Audi Code: ACB41N4N

Build week had yet to be defined as only placed the order today! I’ve been told every 3 weeks i will be updated, we will see!

I’m sure i’ll be asking many questions between now and when the car arrives and i can’t promise that they won’t be stupid questions! But i now join the many here who are eagerly waiting their new car!

Reactions: phil1824
I went for my second test drive today armed with various quotes from brokers and other Audi dealers. The test drive was fantastic, i tried to get the chap to show me launch control… he failed!

Although Bristol Audi couldn’t match the lowest quote i had, they got extremely close. So as they are my local dealer i completed my order and finance agreement for a new Audi S3 5 Door Sportback! I left the dealership rather indifferent, it hasn’t sunk in yet that i’ve bought this amazing vehicle, it’s due April 2015 so that doesn’t help! Apparently all good things come to those that wait…!

I’ve spent the last 2 weeks contacting brokers and audi dealers as well as contacting people i know who are in the business trying to get the lowest price possible, i ended up getting 4.5k off, which worked out around 10% i think.

My spec so i am told is extensive:

Car:
  • Audi S3 5Door Sportback TFSI quattro S-tronic
  • Panther Black (currently)
Options:
  • Fine nappa leather - Black + Super sports seats
  • Hill hold assist
  • LED Headlights
  • Pre sense basic
  • Rear side airbags
  • Reversing Camera
  • Advanced key
  • Audi magnetic ride
  • Black styling pack
  • Driver assistance pack
  • Extended interior elements mono.pur
  • High beam assistant
  • Interior light pack
  • Non smoking pack
  • Privacy glass
  • Reversible boot mat
  • Technology Pack with Phone Prep high
Audi Code: ACB41N4N

Build week had yet to be defined as only placed the order today! I’ve been told every 3 weeks i will be updated, we will see!

I’m sure i’ll be asking many questions between now and when the car arrives and i can’t promise that they won’t be stupid questions! But i now join the many here who are eagerly waiting their new car!
Congrats bro! My oh my that's a fully loaded car! Did you not fancy the Saloon?

Wow, that is pretty much everything! I think you're the first I've seen to order the Magnetic Ride, I have no idea but most people seem to dismiss it as a waste of money.

I'm a few weeks from getting my Panther Black Sportback, I have not wavered, I think the colour is great. Not convinced the black pack will go mind, but I guess if you're going for the stealth look then maybe it will work. Personally, I think the chrome contrasts nicely with black, like the black pack contrasts with white. Also, the non-smoking pack means you lose the nice ashtray.

Lovely car, enjoy the wait.

:welcome!:
Nice spec buddy :thumbs up:

However I have a feeling your gonna change that colour ... :whistle2::D

Mag ride? Us saloon owners get it as standard ;)

Gratz on your order. :)

Just a few things, just my opinion btw:

Mag ride is not really highly rated unless you are experienced and like what it does
Why not comfort pack, would work out cheaper and you get cruise control (resale value!)
If you are keeping it a while I would suggest the 5 year warranty.

Also remember with the non-smoking pack you lose the silver covered ashtray, not a big thing but still.

just ask for the ashtray but add no smoking, my guy is getting me one. good for coinage and phone

Thanks for the responses all!

Did you not fancy the Saloon?

I didn't consider the saloon, i currently drive a hatchback albeit a 3 door and i'm not ready to let go of my big rear end ;)
I only went 5 door because the girlfriend said "Theres no point having back seats if you can't get into them".

I think the colour is great. Not convinced the black pack will go mind, but I guess if you're going for the stealth look then maybe it will work. Personally, I think the chrome contrasts nicely with black, like the black pack contrasts with white. Also, the non-smoking pack means you lose the nice ashtray.

Lovely car, enjoy the wait.

Stealth is the way forward, i'll be like a ninja, suddenly appearing out of no where! ;)
:welcome!:
Nice spec buddy :thumbs up:

However I have a feeling your gonna change that colour ... :whistle2::D

Mag ride? Us saloon owners get it as standard ;)

I'm already considering it! i tried to get the girlfriend to help last night with choosing colours and black styling or no... next to useless!

Mag ride is not really highly rated unless you are experienced and like what it does

I read someones post somewhere (may not be this forum) saying the first thing they do is add s-tronic and mag ride, i haven't had the opportunity to try mag ride but sounds like it's something i won't need and having test driven the car again yesterday, i can say it was plenty stiff enough when i threw it into the corners. I'll remove that then! you've saved me a few pennies.

just ask for the ashtray but add no smoking, my guy is getting me one. good for coinage and phone

I'll make sure to ask my chap for the ashtray as it looks kinda cool!

Why not comfort pack, would work out cheaper and you get cruise control (resale value!)
If you are keeping it a while I would suggest the 5 year warranty.

Also remember with the non-smoking pack you lose the silver covered ashtray, not a big thing but still.

As for the comfort pack and ACC i have the drivers assistance pack with comes with the following:
Adaptive Cruise Control
Audi Active Lane Assist
Audi Parking system front and back
Light and rain sensor and sunband with acoustic windscreen

Thanks for the responses all!

I didn't consider the saloon, i currently drive a hatchback albeit a 3 door and i'm not ready to let go of my big rear end ;)
I only went 5 door because the girlfriend said "Theres no point having back seats if you can't get into them".

Stealth is the way forward, i'll be like a ninja, suddenly appearing out of no where! ;)

I'm already considering it! i tried to get the girlfriend to help last night with choosing colours and black styling or no... next to useless!

I read someones post somewhere (may not be this forum) saying the first thing they do is add s-tronic and mag ride, i haven't had the opportunity to try mag ride but sounds like it's something i won't need and having test driven the car again yesterday, i can say it was plenty stiff enough when i threw it into the corners. I'll remove that then! you've saved me a few pennies.

I'll make sure to ask my chap for the ashtray as it looks kinda cool!

As for the comfort pack and ACC i have the drivers assistance pack with comes with the following:
Adaptive Cruise Control
Audi Active Lane Assist
Audi Parking system front and back
Light and rain sensor and sunband with acoustic windscreen
Do you have any spare cash? You have gone fully loaded so you must be rich. Can I have some money please? Or can you buy me the APR induction kit and the DTUK box? Cheers

Do you have any spare cash? You have gone fully loaded so you must be rich. Can I have some money please? Or can you buy me the APR induction kit and the DTUK box? Cheers
I wish i was rich, already told the girlfriend she has to go on the game... i got an appropriate response from her...

So what colour you thinking then?
At this stage most likely Daytona Grey, saw some pictures of an S3 with it and it looked very good!

Reactions: phil1824
I suggest you try a car with mag ride before you finalise your spec. I had it on a TTS and just loved it. But don't have it on my S3 and don't miss it,

Great spec. don't bother to delete the ashtray. Cars the same, but you get a lighter and ashtray which is good for nick knacks.
Some say the wiring is different if you delete the smokers pack, but I telephoned Audi Technical Assistance and the guy (who I've dealt with before) assured me that there is no difference. They do not (nor would not) do a separate main harness.

I suggest you try a car with mag ride before you finalise your spec. I had it on a TTS and just loved it. But don't have it on my S3 and don't miss it,

Great spec. don't bother to delete the ashtray. Cars the same, but you get a lighter and ashtray which is good for nick knacks.
Some say the wiring is different if you delete the smokers pack, but I telephoned Audi Technical Assistance and the guy (who I've dealt with before) assured me that there is no difference. They do not (nor would not) do a separate main harness.

I thought 100% the same thing as you about the cigarette lighter and was told the same thing as Audi.

Then someone posted a diagram of 2 sets of different wiring.

Yup Elsa shows different wire gauges for the 2 options.

The 12V non smoker option socket wiring is rated higher than the cigarette lighter (2.5mm vs 1.5mm).

It also has a warning in the owners manual about not running high loads off the cigarette lighter socket, and to use the 12V socket instead.

Also - the actual sockets themselves are different construction, and a cigarette lighter will not latch into a 12V socket.

Edit:
(harness complexity is not an issue, there are already so many different combinations around the centre console area, with/without Hold Assist, with/without LED interior lighting, Manual or S-Tronic, with/without Push Button Start, with/without MMI touch etc, all that just on the lower centre console, even before considering LHD/RHD)

Last edited:
Reactions: cuke2u and The Challinor
Souds like a terrific car! Any pics of what it will look like inside and out?

I've no pictures but i've seen plenty on the forums which show the different elements of the car i've specced.

Side assist is £450 extra and for flashing LED's i'll turn my head! might be good for when i pull my neck and can't turn my head.

Well my order is officially changes and hopefully this is the last change.

As its stands the car is now:

Car:
Options:
  • Adaptive Cruise Control
  • Comfort Pack
  • Electric Front Seats
  • Extended Interior elements mono.pur
  • Hill hold assist
  • LED Headlights
  • Privacy glass
  • Technology pack with mobile telephone preparation high
  • Alcantara/leather - black with silver stitching
  • Black stying pack
  • Electric Lumbar support
  • High beam assist
  • Interior light pack
  • Non smoking pack
  • Parking system plus - front + rear
  • Pre sense basic
  • Reversing Camera
Audi Code: ACSNCV5N

I removed the driver assistance package, as i only had it for the speed limit display which relies on active side assistant. The speed limit display was missed on the initial order but upon asking for it to be added, its not possible with the tech pack with mobile prep, the versions without mobile prep you can have it.

I removed the reversible boot mat as i got it confused with the boot liner which i’m told to order when i come back to sign my finance paper work.

Mag ride i tried it and well… i didn’t notice too much of a difference, certainly not £950 worth of difference!

Still contemplating the Advanced Key its a lovely feature for being lazy and not having to dig through my pockets to find my car key, but is that worth £450…

Managed to get the dealer to throw in a full tank of fuel and the Ashtray even though i have the non-smoking pack.

Attempted to get them to price match the GAP insurance however apparently in the last 3 weeks so i am told there has been a policy shift and their GAP products are now fixed prices, whereas before they could charge whatever they wanted for them. may be a load of rubbish, but ultimately i’ll be taking the GAP out with ALA.

Couldn’t get a fixed estimate on the build week or car pick up, only that probably April, i’m hoping for March!

Reactions: Sandra
Welcome to audi-sport.net and the 8v section. Nice spec. Hopefully you will have enough to read on here till your collection date. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Yeah the colour was always going to be changed I wanted a black car as i've seen many well done black cars that look awesome and mean, but I just didn't see it.
Then my girlfriend said something along the lines of the car not looking grown up, she didn't get a voice when I first setup the car, I only told her after I had ordered it! I now love the colour, Daytona grey is lovely, so are sepang and misano I just can't pull them off!

Now the long anxious/excited wait begins! i've no idea what my provisional build week is yet all i know is it may be March but my dealer feels it will be April. I'm hoping that the car comes mid to end of march, I can then send it to the detailers to have paint protection stuck on etc and sell the current car to a buyer who is already waiting whilst its still within its MOT.

Hate the waiting already!

Well my order is officially changes and hopefully this is the last change.

I removed the driver assistance package, as i only had it for the speed limit display which relies on active side assistant. The speed limit display was missed on the initial order but upon asking for it to be added, its not possible with the tech pack with mobile prep, the versions without mobile prep you can have it.

Pretty sure that you get the "speed limit display" with either version of the Tech pack if you have active lane assist which is what I have ordered. Also see http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/speed-limit-display.201870/
I've also asked the dealer to double check.

Still unclear what happened to the extended speed/range limit for ACC that was part of Driver Assistance and stated in the earlier brochures.

Interesting, i checked with two seperate dealerships and both said the same, having watched them put the order into the system, chances are they attempted to and got a popup saying that the Speed Limit Display cannot be added with this version of the tech pack as they had done with other options, the system isn't very user friendly from what i saw!

I did find it odd that it wasn't applicable to the tech pack with connect, but ultimately it was a nice to have, if the dealers systems have lied to them and it is possible *shrugs* they have got less money out of me.

Well brochure says its possible and the online configurator also lets you do it so I'll be very annoyed if it turns out its not configurable.
Should get confirmation on Wednesday one way or the other... If it cant be done then I;ll be removing the Connect part

I can't find it in the online configurator, but I do agree a quick look at the brochure does say directly that it can be done, so i shall be contacting my dealer tomorrow to confirm as well as i previously had Active Lane Assistance just because i wanted the Speed Limit Display.

Just to throw a small spanner in the works. 19" Wing Alloys have now been announced for 3 door and Sportback from BW45 so could be added to your car. Would look lovely with a Daytona car. £995.

Hi guys can you advise that if you take the non smokers pack you don't get a 12 v socket in the front dash ? Thanks J .

Yup Elsa shows different wire gauges for the 2 options.

The 12V non smoker option socket wiring is rated higher than the cigarette lighter (2.5mm vs 1.5mm).

It also has a warning in the owners manual about not running high loads off the cigarette lighter socket, and to use the 12V socket instead.

Also - the actual sockets themselves are different construction, and a cigarette lighter will not latch into a 12V socket.

Edit:
(harness complexity is not an issue, there are already so many different combinations around the centre console area, with/without Hold Assist, with/without LED interior lighting, Manual or S-Tronic, with/without Push Button Start, with/without MMI touch etc, all that just on the lower centre console, even before considering LHD/RHD)

@Hambee1234 see veeeights quote above.

Reactions: Hambee1234
Just to throw a small spanner in the works. 19" Wing Alloys have now been announced for 3 door and Sportback from BW45 so could be added to your car. Would look lovely with a Daytona car. £995.

:eek: you aren't wrong! its here on page 60! but you have to have magnetic ride to have them!

I'll be playing on the configurator tomorrow to get some cars ordered with it. Yours would be one of the first with them. As per previous comments, if you can get a build slot, I'd consider the saloon. Mag ride is standard and 19"s available. I think they look great in saloon with the subtle boot spoiler. IMHO of course.

I can't find it in the online configurator, but I do agree a quick look at the brochure does say directly that it can be done, so i shall be contacting my dealer tomorrow to confirm as well as i previously had Active Lane Assistance just because i wanted the Speed Limit Display.

Its hidden away in the text for Active Lane Assist. It says:

When ordered with Technology package, speed limit display is included as a no cost option

If you then look at the option Technology package - High with Audi Connect it says:

Includes Technology package and Colour Driver’s Information System

So it should be covered and would seem very strange to not enable it. Though its also weird to have it as a non option in the first place.

Yeah i saw that what i meant was that you can't actively select the speed limit display within the Audi Configurator. I've emailed my dealer with screenshots of the brochure highlighting the relevant parts as well as providing a link to the brochure.
He's now going to talk to Audi UK to get a definitive answer on this.

Dealer has had a response from Audi UK, although their ordering system says its not possible, it is possible and as such my order has been updated to now include Advanced Key, Active Lane Assist & Speed Limit Display.
So thanks @dts439

My Audi Code is now: AKGRL6DR

Happy Days ! Will pass this on to my salesman says when he is back on Wednesday (he's going to talk to "Audi Technical")

Still intrigued to see if the £40 I saved by not selecting the Driver Assistance Pack (and going Comfort pack route instead to get the same options listed by DA) does end up making a difference.

Well apparently it just gets added as apart of having the Audi Active Lane Assist and the Tech Pack so i was just told. and yeah i noticed that £40 difference as well.... rather odd! but order form all updated and signed, now waiting to be told my provisional build week.

Well my final configuration is as follows, I am now code 20 so can't make any more changes:
Daytona Gray S3 SportBack S-tronic
Comfort Pack
Adaptive Cruise Control
Active Lane Assist
Parking system Plus
pre sense basic
B&O
Black Styling Pack
Privacy Glass
Folding, heated and dimming door mirrors
mono.pur
Hold assist
Lighting pack
LED headlights
Non smoking pack (though have asked for the ashtry/cup holder thing)
Panoramic sunroof
Revering camera
Super Sports Seats (not sure whether or not to switch to normal Alcantara)
Tech Pack with High Connect
Audi Code: ACNAV880