Spacer help.

AudiB8

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Before I get slated I have had a search.. :)

I'm looking at spacers to run with my new purchased KW coilover kit, with the standard 19" rotors.

I've come across the general idea is 15mm rears and 10mm fronts? Is this the same despite running coilovers (not looking to go silly low)

2nd question is what's the difference between the..bare with me..the spacers that have the extended wheels bolts, and the spacer that use 2 sets of bolts.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

I've just fitted 15mm front & 20mm rear, plenty of room for another 5mm on each wheel, 9j rotors on s-line sports suspension. There must be at least 20-25mm gap (height) between tyre & arch.
My 15mm are longer bolt type rears are DRA type, the ones that bolt to hub then bolt wheel to spacer, some people prefer DRA all round, but I had the 15mm off my previous A4 b8.
Spacers have been on two+ weeks no issues with either set, both are H&R.
Hope some of this helps mate.
JG

Would you say something like these for the rears then:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=351066501014

Seem like a good price, or stick with 15mm to be on the safe side incase they scrub? Thats one thing I really don't want!

Personally if I was lowering the car on coilovers I would go 15mm rear, but that's just me mate, you could always put the 15's on the front if after lowering, you find you have a lot more room than expected, and do 20mm on the rear.
Have a look on A5-OC & Audizine, there maybe some more info to help you make up your mind.
Pics after you've finished are a must.
JG

Reactions: AudiB8
I think I'll get the coilovers fitted and then re-assess to see what sort of room I have! Think I'll play it safe with 10mm fronts and 15mm rears. I'll be sure to get some photos up when they're fitted and settled! :)

Reactions: RS5 JON
Personally I'd go for bigger then 10mm/15mm on the A5/S5 with standard wheels even if you are lowering it.

Best thing to do though is to fit the coilovers and then work out exactly how much clearance you have and where you'd like the wheels to sit.

Damian @ DPM Performance