Thanks to @veeeight for his FAQ Threads

The Challinor

Reaction score
Website
www.businessguysit.com
We all joke about @veeeight "forum policing" but he's done a great job today expanding the FAQ and actually making it a really useful resource for us all to use.

I'll do the odd one and maybe others can as well, will have to be quick though or there will be none left :p

Just makes the forum a load better and cuts down on the many, many " OMG not another thread about the same thing " scenario.

Reactions: Snibo, Martinbanshee and cemerson
I think he deserves the title 'Forum Police' under his username lol

Nice one V8 :thumbs up: Thanks for taking the time :)

Good on you buddy, although you've caused me a WHOLE lot more reading to do :(:D

@veeeight, thank you for all the additional info in the faqs thread. You have been very busy and its much appreciated that you are sharing your knowledge with the other members. :) x

And you think that'll stop people asking the same questions again? Ha! Some chance!

But seriously a fantastic job veeeight - it must have taken you an age to do, although I suspect you knew all the links by heart! We all owe you.

Thank you for your kind words :)

But please, one guy can't do this by himself, please all contribute to the FAQ thread, it will be a very useful resource ;)

Reactions: phil1824 and Martinbanshee
I think re-surfacing old threads is especially useful, because

• There is a great deal of knowledge in them
  • The oldies that have been there before put a lot of time and effort in answering those questions
  • Those oldies may not be around anymore
  • Not all the newies know all the answers
  • So the oldies knowledge is always captured in the FAQs
  • Even the newies can learn from the oldies occasionally through those threads !
And when newies add to the old threads, it re-surfaces them for yet more newies to take on board the info!

Apart from which, now when you get the recurring "98 or 95 RON" type question, at least you can point them to the FAQ's !

:lmfao:

But please - it will be a great resource if everyone contributed to the FAQ ;)

Reactions: Pulp84 and Bristle Hound
The 8v Faqs thread is looking fantastic. A big Thank You to Veeeight. This thread is a useful resource tool for all 8v owners. If you have any information to share, Please Please do so. It be much appreciated by all fellow owners and newcomers waiting to collect there cars.
@veeeight :applaus::respekt::hi::superman: :yes: x

Reactions: phil1824 and veeeight
Far too often on these kind of forums the FAQ is filled with out of date information, or even worse, nothing at all.

A real pleasant surprise to see everything summarised so well in the FAQ now. Many thanks!

Reactions: Sandra
Please contribute, either by doing a FAQ,

Or by suggesting topics for FAQ's ?

Brilliant Veeight!

Been v busy recently so not on the forum much but this is excellent.

Hopefully we can make the search police redundant (and I count myself as one of the members of the search police).

John.

Reactions: veeeight