Apologies - Stupid Question

jordann

Reaction score
Hi All,

Firstly i'd like to apologise for the stupid question, i've read two different things and I can't be dealing with the let down of ordering wrong things anymore.

I don't currently have enough money to change to xenon headlights, so brighter bulbs will have to do for now. I want to change my dipped beam (normal driving - not full beam) but i've read two different sizes, H7 & H1.

Please could someone put my mind to rest as to which I actually need. Over the past few years and many countless return trips to Halfords because they've given me the wrong bulb I'm not going back their.

Thank you :) Again, sorry for the stupid question.

Have a search on eBay most companies do bulb packs that change all in one go.

Going to stick my neck out and say they will be H7. I have an 04 TDi Sportback and that's what mine are.
May be worth you contacting T8UPS on here. I'm sure he can supply what you need.

Going to stick my neck out and say they will be H7. I have an 04 TDi Sportback and that's what mine are.
May be worth you contacting T8UPS on here. I'm sure he can supply what you need.

Thanks for your help buddy.

I've just fitted Ring Xenon Ultima bulbs, which are traditional bulbs that happen to contain 100% Xenon, not proper HID units. I've been pretty pleased with them. They claim 120% more light on the road, but I expect that's usual marketing tosh.

I've just fitted Ring Xenon Ultima bulbs, which are traditional bulbs that happen to contain 100% Xenon, not proper HID units. I've been pretty pleased with them. They claim 120% more light on the road, but I expect that's usual marketing tosh.

The bulbs fitted, were they H7 by any chance?

I actually fitted them in my Cayenne, but I had previously fitted Phillips upgraded bulbs in my A3 with similarly good results and just thought I'd give the Ring bulbs a try on the basis of internet reviews. I'm sorry I can't recall the bulb type in the A3.

I actually fitted them in my Cayenne, but I had previously fitted Phillips upgraded bulbs in my A3 with similarly good results and just thought I'd give the Ring bulbs a try on the basis of internet reviews. I'm sorry I can't recall the bulb type in the A3.

No worries - thanks anyway.

On topic, I want to do the same thing for my 05 A3 and haven't a clue about this! I do know it's H7 though..
Can anyone tell me what all I'll need? Want to change all the bulbs, sidelights, fog lights etc

Thanks

An H7 bulb is a single filament 2 pin bulb...

505569d1298265075-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-bulb_h7.gif

Looks like that ^

Sidelights are 501s and fog lights are H11 if I remember correctly. Hope this helps :)

Get the white upgraded bulbs from t8ups I got some and they are a good upgrade.