Is this the 3.2 software issue?

R34nel

Reaction score
as above, or is it some other problem entirely?

I can feel this whilst driving also, kind of feels like the car is rocking or surging slightly when at these revs on light load. (ignore the part where it goes over 2k the throttle is so sensitive).

as above, or is it some other problem entirely?

I can feel this whilst driving also, kind of feels like the car is rocking or surging slightly when at these revs on light load. (ignore the part where it goes over 2k the throttle is so sensitive).
I would say that looks like it.
I remember those days back then searching for a cure!
Changed the Maf, fuel filter, exhaust earth, timing chain tensioner, cleaned the throttle body and changed the oil pump. Nothing worked. Found the software update on a German forum and bingo it was like flicking a switch.

Last edited:
cool, ill be glad if its just software, what is the best way to go about getting it flashed with the new software? do I have to battle the audi dealers :dejection:

Yes afraid so they are fairly unhelpful as a rule and prefer the in house diagnosis route.
When my 3.2 had the issue it wouldn't hold steady revs at 2k while parked and in gear on light throttle it would feel like it was hesitating/surging ever so slightly.

what do they charge for updating software? I can't believe my car has spent 9 years like this and a previous owner wasn't concerned because i noticed it within a day of owning it, couldn't decide if it was in my head or not lol

I think if your lucky they'll do it for 1/2 hrs labour which will be around £60.
Tbh it's probably something that has developed over time due to mileage. My mate has a 54 plate 3.2 dsg with mid 30k miles and is perfect on the original software!

Wow apparently I was way off! Did not know there was software issues... guess I can just get the Malone tune and that shoudl take care of it no? (Assuming the issue came up of course)

I think if your lucky they'll do it for 1/2 hrs labour which will be around £60.
Tbh it's probably something that has developed over time due to mileage. My mate has a 54 plate 3.2 dsg with mid 30k miles and is perfect on the original software!

I may just get a remap, at least ill get a tiny bit more power for my money that way

Tbh I'm not sure that cures it. If you read the big hesitation at 2k thread, paddy had the revo map and it still showed up for some reason.

Tbh I'm not sure that cures it. If you read the big hesitation at 2k thread, paddy had the revo map and it still showed up for some reason.

What is it that changes in the engine over mileage which highlights it? is it because of wear or carbon build up etc?