help please wobbly headlight

boarderianb

Reaction score
hi just bought first audi its a 4 tdi s line love it but found a few things as you do noticed drivers side headlight flickering when driving after looking its the whole unit loose any info on where the fixings are would be good so i can check it out
thanks

hi just bought first audi its a 4 tdi s line love it but found a few things as you do noticed drivers side headlight flickering when driving after looking its the whole unit loose any info on where the fixings are would be good so i can check it out
thanks

i think its a bumper off jobby mate to be honest, usually about 3 bolts hold the headlight on don't quote me though as i have never done it on this car ?:

i think its a bumper off jobby mate to be honest, usually about 3 bolts hold the headlight on don't quote me though as i have never done it on this car ?:
oh xxxxxx joy think ill just take it to garage easyer
cheers maybe braket broke

If theres a bracket broken it's probably had a bump, not a good start to new car ownership.
It's possible the securing screws are loose that you have to undo to replace a bulb. You can remove the headlight without removing the bumper,
This video is in french but gives you an idea.

The tools to do this are in the car. There is a long torx bit that fits into the black handle on the screwdriver. Remove the normal screwdriver part by pulling out of the handle and then put the long torx bit in.
It's all explained in the manual.

Karl.

If theres a bracket broken it's probably had a bump, not a good start to new car ownership.
It's possible the securing screws are loose that you have to undo to replace a bulb. You can remove the headlight without removing the bumper,
This video is in french but gives you an idea.

The tools to do this are in the car. There is a long torx bit that fits into the black handle on the screwdriver. Remove the normal screwdriver part by pulling out of the handle and then put the long torx bit in.
It's all explained in the manual.

Karl.

yeh nice one will have a look in am thanks allt for that big help
cheers

No need to remove the bumper, very simple and pretty much exactly as shown in the French video.

The brackets are very weak and badly designed on the pre-facelift B8 xenons. The bracket which attaches to the front grille is really flexible. Probably one of the reasons why Audi changed the lights and the whole front end in the facelift. Almost like they rushed the design originally.

No need to remove the bumper, very simple and pretty much exactly as shown in the French video.

The brackets are very weak and badly designed on the pre-facelift B8 xenons. The bracket which attaches to the front grille is really flexible. Probably one of the reasons why Audi changed the lights and the whole front end in the facelift. Almost like they rushed the design originally.

Looks like Audi done a decent job allowing headlight removal without the need to remove the bumper great to know for the future most car manufacturers you have to take the bumper of which is a pain in the a*s

Looks like Audi done a decent job allowing headlight removal without the need to remove the bumper great to know for the future most car manufacturers you have to take the bumper of which is a pain in the a*s
well had look today took cover panel off doesnt seem to be a bracket at the back of drivers side there is one on other will have to take light out for further investigation if bracket broke off will have to find a way to hold it in without having to buy a whole new light these are like new condition

I think that you will find that EEC/EUROPE regulations have changed and the user must be able to replace bulbs at the side of the road. I think that that change forced a lot of manufacturers to change how they designed front light assemblies.

Reactions: antowens