Hi to all, Can anybody give me some advise on the Bluetooth phone system?

Ed Pickett

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm new to this forum and could do with some advice, I'm not sure where to post my question, I have tried in serval locations to no avail, am I doing something wrong?

My question is regarding the Bluetooth phone system. I have a late 2007 A3 170 Tdi-sline. The Bluetooth system has worked faultlessly since a bought the car 2 years ago
, then over the last 8 weeks it started to disconnect and reconnect by its self Notable by the "bling" and "ding-dong" tones for connect and disconnect. In the last two weeks it became more frequent (on and off) and now it has just stopped working altogether.

The system worked well on the MFSW buttoned voice command and mode buttons displaying 'phone' on the symphony stereo unit screen when in use. Part of My address book appeared on the dash display, I had laboriously added contacts name and numbers for voice command. There is no or (zero) interaction or connection to the MFSW now whereas a voice would say "phone not ready" or "sim not ready" and my phone book also no longer displays on the dash when the mode buttoned on the MFSW is pressed.
I have tried my phone and others phones new and old but cannot discover 'Audi UHV anymore. Has any one has this problem? I'm leaning towards a loose wire maybe. I hope it not worse as I'm lead to believe this is a pricey extra.
I use my phone all day every day so any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Hello I don't think you are doing anything wrong just that people probably don't know the answer to your question or how to help you. The best thing to do is to try some diagnostics on the car to see if anything shows up from that, As you can apprecaite they are pretty complex and a 5 minute check with VCDS could save a lot of time. Searching the forum is likley to find some threads where people have had similar issues.
If you need some diagnostics doing there are probably some members close to you who could check the car out .

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/telephone-bluetooth-not-working.106622/

Karl.

Hi and thank you for your advice.
I will organise a check with VCDS as you say it's probably the best starting point.

Thank you and I'll keep you posted.