Old skool run-around

Reaction score
Hi All,

Following the sale of my 1.8T I've bought a run-around to bridge the gap between the A3 and my next 'sensible' car.....

http://www.david.barber.zen.co.uk/media2.jpg

She's a phase 2, 1.9 with 11 months MOT 3 months tax thats completely standard. The last owner (lady) had the car for seven years and has just 'upgraded' to the 206 GTI 180.

Honestly, its the most fun i've ever had for £900 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Wanted to get one of those when I was younger but never quite got around to it.....my mate had one it was was a tad nippy from what I can remember /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I had one in Miami Blue 1.9. Loved it yeah they are quite nippy and drop it 60 mm and there are few corners it wont be able to take a great speed.

God that makes me want another one....

great cars mate.... very quick with just an air filter and zorst upgrade and handles (when lowered) like a go kart.
good find.

Cheers guys.

It certainly goes, every time I get in it i'm amazed that something so old and cheap can pick up such pace.

In terms of handling, I can honestly say its out of this world and thats on the standard set-up. I've had a fair few cars (modified and not) and so far nothing compares round the twisties. It inspires such confidence that i've got into the habit of chasing impreza's! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

"Don't lift off mid corner" - Absolutley spot on advice. I've lost it three times so far due to chickening out but managed to catch it each time. Now I just gun it all the way through the corner /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

and if its anything like the 1.9 309gti I had, same sort of age, as a company car, be twice as careful in the wet as you think you need to be!
Mine was awesome handling in the dry, great in the wet until it let go, totally, with no warning whatsoever, aquaplaning cos it was so light on those big tyres.. scared the crap out of me a few times, but got lucky and didnt hit anything before regaining some grip!

great fun til you die!

Cool car!!

I had a K reg 309GTI was a fun car.

Certain times i am so tempted to try and save up and buy one for another car but then i get my sensible head back on!!