It's finally done.

robthehungrymonkey

Reaction score
The S3 (below) has finally departed for good.
A sad day... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

PICT0015-01.jpg

And has been replaced by the 2 cars in the following pic....

IMGP3399.jpg

Got it on Saturday, and it rained. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
But yesterday went out for a proper drive, and man it was fun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Takes a bit of getting used to, and the misses didn't like the fact it doesn't have a windscreen, but twas fun fun fun!

This I find is the best forum for banter and jokes! So I'll be sticking around for a bit!
Plus, I'll be here to recycle all the stuff Glen's told me over the past couple of years when he's not around! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

No idea 0-60. Should be around 190bhp. Weighs 600kg.

It's pretty quick but not scary in any way. Have only driven it one day so far, so haven't got anywhere near as fast as it can go. Though, passengers have reported me going quite fast, whereas I was thinkng "man, I could have gone round that roundabout so much quicker!"

The AA membership is on it's way to! lol

Hope you don't mind me asking, but how much did you get for your S3? Did you sell it privately or p-ex it?

Cheers.

Cost £8K,

Been used more and more as a track car in the past couple of years, spec is a Westfield SEiW, with a Vauxhall XE 2.0 with approx 190bhp. Weighs 600kg. But importantly, still has a full interior. It also a couple of extra bits that I doubt i'll be touching (for a while anyway) like a brake bias lever and adjustable front ARB. Getting some new wheels/tyres on Thursday, some Team dynamics ones. Glen will be happy as they weigh 5kg each!

I'll be using it 90% on the road.

I went out in it again last night, and it's starting to feel a bit more natural, not as scary as it was at first! Though, it's not scary fast just not got a windscreen, etc scary!

Am really looking forward to learning how to drive it properly over the summer.
Need to learn how to fix stuff too!

Do you need to wear eye protection when driving it. It would be a bit of a bummer if you got a bee in your eye

[ QUOTE ]
Getting some new wheels/tyres on Thursday, some Team dynamics ones. Glen will be happy as they weigh 5kg each!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good man...

Nice spec,,,good motor. Bulletproof those things...

[ QUOTE ]
Do you need to wear eye protection when driving it. It would be a bit of a bummer if you got a bee in your eye

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've got a helmet, and the pasenger has skiing goggles!

A windscreen is on the list though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif